Can I do this with ssd

MrAlexOneill
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

It'll work with pretty much any drive that has windows on it, so yes, you can. I think it's different from defragmenting,

I was wondering if I can do the new windows update cleanup or windows cleanup in general on an ssd. I say this because I know defragging on an ssd is really bad and I don't want to take any risks.

Thanks for the help.

Links: http://lifehacker.com/recover-tons-of-wasted-disk-space-with-the-new-windows-1442937625

My Pc Gaming Rig (Blue Blackhawk) Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/V88U

It'll work with pretty much any drive that has windows on it, so yes, you can. I think it's different from defragmenting,

You can. Works with practically any drive.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

For sure dude.

SSD are pretty solid now a days.

And if you have one of those MLC synchronous nand SSD (the SSDs with 5 year warranty.. that is why the warranty is so long), you can even trash them with writes daily and still have 9 years, easy.

Even the worst SSD you can buy in terms of writes, the TLC chips based ones (Samsung, the only manufacture using them. (840 and 840 EVO)), are fine. Won't last 9 years, but fine for many years on a average computer usage day to day, with the casual "Oops I defrag my SSD" moments.

We are really far from the first gen SSD's. :)