*URGENT*Retrieving 3 years old skype conversations

Dask933

Hello guys, it's very important to me to retrieve some conversations I had like 3-4 years ago. Read some tutorials already but didn't help.
I know that you have to look for the maindb file and did that already. However, I tried it on my new pc (disk) just to see if it works, but opening it with a notepad will show symbols and not letters. How am I supposed to fix it and read the actual text?

And the second issue is, in my old pc/disk I used to clear the converseations occasionally. Could that file keep them anyway or they're gone?
Is there any other way?
Please guys it is urgent, answer only if you done it or are 100% sure.

40 minutes ago, Dask933 said:

Hello guys, it's very important to me to retrieve some conversations I had like 3-4 years ago. Read some tutorials already but didn't help.
I know that you have to look for the maindb file and did that already. However, I tried it on my new pc (disk) just to see if it works, but opening it with a notepad will show symbols and not letters. How am I supposed to fix it and read the actual text?

And the second issue is, in my old pc/disk I used to clear the converseations occasionally. Could that file keep them anyway or they're gone?
Is there any other way?
Please guys it is urgent, answer only if you done it or are 100% sure.

That means it's encoded or something.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

That means it's encoded or something.

I don't think users would appreciate their conversations being stored anywhere in plaintext...

OP, did you try this?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

4 minutes ago, juretrn said:

I don't think users would appreciate their conversations being stored anywhere in plaintext...

OP, did you try this?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html

No I didn't. First of all I have windows 10, and besides that, the file is on my old drive which I don't have with me right now to check.

Then you can't recover it. Should've saved it at the time.

56 minutes ago, Kirisha said:

Then you can't recover it. Should've saved it at the time.

Dude i Have the file I just dont know if it keeps record of all the conversationa regardless if you cleared your history or not.