Question about selling a phone

So a few months ago Sprint screwed me over on two bills in a row and made it impossible for me to pay them, I currently owe them a sum of money to get my services turned back on but after the things they pulled I don't want to be with them anymore. Now I have an iPhone 6s Plus 16GB that I was renting from them monthly and was wondering if it would be possible to sell it or not? 

You can sell it, but you still have to pay them for the cell service, and the price for the phone every month. That's why I get my phones unlocked, and off contract.

Just now, TheProfessionalAmateurs said:

You can sell it, but you still have to pay them for the cell service, and the price for the phone every month. That's why I get my phones unlocked, and off contract.

Yeah I'm trying to get some money to get the OnePlus 3 soon which is why I'm wanting to sell the phone.

9 minutes ago, TheRevTastic said:

Yeah I'm trying to get some money to get the OnePlus 3 soon which is why I'm wanting to sell the phone.

Unless you paid for the phone outright, then you have to continue paying for it or it's going to get shut off and blocked from the network. It would be extremely unethical and shitty to sell someone the phone without disclosing this to them, and I don't think anyone will want to buy it unless it's unlocked & paid for.

It sounds like the phone is probably already blacklisted on the network and won't work on their network unless your account returns to good standing.

Just now, forthe48 said:

Unless you paid for the phone outright, then you have to continue paying for it or it's going to get shut off and blocked from the network. It would be extremely unethical and shitty to sell someone the phone without disclosing this to them, and I don't think anyone will want to buy it unless it's unlocked & paid for.

It sounds like the phone is probably already blacklisted on the network and won't work on their network unless your account returns to good standing.

Well shit lol, guess I'll just save up the entire amount for the OnePlus 3 then

5 minutes ago, TheRevTastic said:

Well shit lol, guess I'll just save up the entire amount for the OnePlus 3 then

Yeah, it would be worth doing. If you could save up enough to pay for the OP3, then I would be inclined to encourage you to just use that $$$ to pay off the iPhone on Sprint.

You could then try to resell the phone for an OP3, and you wouldn't be in bad standing with a carrier, which may or may not reflect on your credit (I'm not sure at all about this, but if it does reflect on credit I'd really encourage you to just pay Sprint for the service you agreed to, even if they've screwed you. Personally I haven't had any experience with Sprint.)

Either way I don't think you'll want to resell the phone and saving up would be the best option.

Edit: It looks like Sprint only reports on your account if it goes to collections.

"The poster above is correct.  Sprint does not report to credit bureaus.  However, if your account is sent to a collections service, then that will be noted on your credit history.  The good news is that you can usually make arrangements to have that removed once your account is settled.  Contrast that with being late on a credit reporting account...they almost never remove the ding on your credit history."

- Sprint Community Thread From 2011.