What RPM fans needed?

Mr Fister

Hello what is the random RPM speed for fans? for case and CPU fan. each fan has different fan speeds. which RPM should i look for?

Gaming Laptop: Dell G5 5587

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

Hello what is the random RPM speed for fans? for case and CPU fan. each fan has different fan speeds. which RPM should i look for?

I would say it's less about speed but what the fan is optimized for, heatsinks, radiators and such ideally work best with pressure optimized fans where free flowing areas with no fan filters or restriction work best with airflow fans. There are certain cases where manufacture's have balanced the best of both worlds and give a pressure fan that also has great airflow. 

Just now, W-L said:

I would say it's less about speed but what the fan is optimized for, heatsinks, radiators and such ideally work best with pressure optimized fans where free flowing areas with no fan filters or restriction work best with airflow fans. There are certain cases where manufacture's have balanced the best of both worlds and give a pressure fan that also has great airflow. 

well, one fan for cpu heatsink and one is for the lower case fan (the one near the PSU)

Just now, Mr Fister said:

well, one fan for cpu heatsink and one is for the lower case fan (the one near the PSU)

For the heatsink you will want pressure fans for the other if there isn't a drive cage or very fine air filters you can use a pressure fan. Also in terms of RPM in general if you want to keep things quite lower RPM tends to be the best option of that. 

Personally for fans I just use pressure fans for everything as most of them either are on radiators or filtered intakes. 

5 minutes ago, W-L said:

For the heatsink you will want pressure fans for the other if there isn't a drive cage or very fine air filters you can use a pressure fan. Also in terms of RPM in general if you want to keep things quite lower RPM tends to be the best option of that. 

Personally for fans I just use pressure fans for everything as most of them either are on radiators or filtered intakes. 

can you send me a fan link for example please?

Just now, Mr Fister said:

can you send me a fan link for example please?

Well in general some good pressure fans are Noctua's NF-F12, Fractal Design Venturi's, and EKWB Vardars. 

RPM is arbitrary. 

What you should be looking at is the performance and noise of a fan. Depending on where the fan is being used, certain designs will perform better or be quieter. 

How well a fan performs in certain scenarios is usually simplified to airflow or static pressure. Airflow is pretty self-explanatory and static pressure determines how much restriction the fan can overcome. Designing a fan for more static pressure will usually sacrifice airflow and vice-versa. 

If you would like some fan recommendations, you should tell us where you plan to use it, where you're shopping/located, and your budget. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

28 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

RPM is arbitrary. 

What you should be looking at is the performance and noise of a fan. Depending on where the fan is being used, certain designs will perform better or be quieter. 

How well a fan performs in certain scenarios is usually simplified to airflow or static pressure. Airflow is pretty self-explanatory and static pressure determines how much restriction the fan can overcome. Designing a fan for more static pressure will usually sacrifice airflow and vice-versa. 

If you would like some fan recommendations, you should tell us where you plan to use it, where you're shopping/located, and your budget. 

http://en.ksp.co.il/?list_compare=.19691..15104..19690.&store=jeruscenter

this is for my next PC build. My next case will be a CM master case pro and il need to know where to put this fans ^^

1 minute ago, Mr Fister said:

http://en.ksp.co.il/?list_compare=.19691..15104..19690.&store=jeruscenter

this is for my next PC build. My next case will be a CM master case pro and il need to know where to put this fans ^^

Why not stick with the case's stock fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

41 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why not stick with the case's stock fans?

i will. just an upgrade question if needed

54 minutes ago, Mr Fister said:

i will. just an upgrade question if needed

See how the stock fans are first so you will know what needs to be improved on with new fans.