Does a video camera simulator exist?

Hello, 

so I just wanted to ask if anybody here knows, if something like a video camera simulator exist, where you can do things like set up sets, simulate camera movements and so on. For only photographic use there is something called set a light 3d, where you can set up your camera, simulate different sensor sizes, apertur, distance, depth of field, shutter speed, zoom, lightning,height and so on. So I´m searching for something like this just for video/film.

I heard about the existence of those simulators a few months ago in a film riot episode, but I just cant find that episode again:(

So if anybody here knows something it would be great :D

There's an Arri camera sim

https://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/tools/alexa_camera_simulator/

There also seems to be an app for simulating the Red Epic

http://nofilmschool.com/2015/01/donna-free-ios-red-epic-scarlet-camera-menu-simulator

But to me, none of these sims will actually give you the experience of using the cameras for live productions.  They'll teach you things like how the camera gets set up in the menu and what kind of info you see through the viewfinder... but getting an actual handle for the camera is a NO.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

4 minutes ago, ALwin said:

There's an Arri camera sim

https://www.arri.com/camera/alexa/tools/alexa_camera_simulator/

There also seems to be an app for simulating the Red Epic

http://nofilmschool.com/2015/01/donna-free-ios-red-epic-scarlet-camera-menu-simulator

But to me, none of these sims will actually give you the experience of using the cameras for live productions.  They'll teach you things like how the camera gets set up in the menu and what kind of info you see through the viewfinder... but getting an actual handle for the camera is a NO.

not like how they handle or so, more like that u can set up shots already at home and just have to replicate them when you dont have to much time there, or wich equipment you will need.

7 minutes ago, lh99 said:

not like how they handle or so, more like that u can set up shots already at home and just have to replicate them when you dont have to much time there, or wich equipment you will need.

I don't think the kind of simulator you're looking for exists as each video camera can be different.  With photography, the basics of ISO, Aperture, Shutter speed, White Balance all remain consistently the same.  With video cameras, there's a lot more than just those basic stuff.  And of course, video also includes audio, so how will you try to replicate an audio setup if you don't have similar types of equipment at home?

For example, if there is a Sony camera simulator that lets you see how a scene prepared to be filmed using S-Log3 looks like, but all you have is a Nikon DSLR at home... fat chance you'll be able to record a footage that looks the same.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

You could use blender