Aerocool DS fans

Hemanse

Just wondering if anyone have any experience with these fans, only able to find a few reviews, but they seem to get decent reviews compared to their price.

http://www.webhallen.com/dk-da/computerkomponenter/196636-aerocool_ds_black_non_led_fan_140mm

Gonna be replacing my Noctua fans, they have been working flawlessly the 4 years i have had them, starting to produce some pretty annoying noises when the pc have been running for a little while.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

3 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Noctua fans have a 6 year warranty, use it.

Guess that might be an option, if i can find the receipts for them, i keep most, but after 4 years they might be gone :) Guess i can always ask Noctua.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

I bought two of the DS fans last summer while I was overhauling the cooling system in my first PC. The first fan, which was put in the front of the case, was really loud due to the honeycomb design in the front grill on the Coolermaster n200. The loud noise wasn't the direct fault of the fan, though annoying. The second fan was a disaster. It was placed on the top of the case as exhaust, and about 1 week after installation the fan started making an awful clicking noise while the blades spun. I had the fan replaced with a new one and the results were no better, still an awful clicking noise was produced. I replaced the exhaust fan with a Noctua and never had any more problems. I would stick with Noctua...

What kind of noise is it and are you sure it's from the noctuas?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

What kind of noise is it and are you sure it's from the noctuas?

It is and kind hard to explain, one of them feels like its off balance, when it runs at full speed it vibrates, another one produces a whooshing sound that gets worse and worse the longer the pc runs, everything is clean and dust free, so thats not the problem, i think they are just worn out.

Had actually planned on moving everything over to a Fractal R5 case that i bought on sale, but had to sell the case due to some unforeseen bills. 

My current case is a CM Storm Trooper and im starting to hate it more and more, the design in the front makes it a pain in the ass to mount fans as front intakes. So im thinking about which case to buy now that i got the money for it again and then replace the noctua fans with something that also fits a bit better in terms of color scheme.

19 hours ago, Hemanse said:

It is and kind hard to explain, one of them feels like its off balance, when it runs at full speed it vibrates, another one produces a whooshing sound that gets worse and worse the longer the pc runs, everything is clean and dust free, so thats not the problem, i think they are just worn out.

Had actually planned on moving everything over to a Fractal R5 case that i bought on sale, but had to sell the case due to some unforeseen bills. 

My current case is a CM Storm Trooper and im starting to hate it more and more, the design in the front makes it a pain in the ass to mount fans as front intakes. So im thinking about which case to buy now that i got the money for it again and then replace the noctua fans with something that also fits a bit better in terms of color scheme.

Noctua's warranty lasts 6 years. You could contact them for a replacement. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, WoodenMarker said:

Noctua's warranty lasts 6 years. You could contact them for a replacement. 

Yeah contacted them today, got asked for receipts and lot codes printed on the fans, send that in and hope something can be done :)

11 minutes ago, Hemanse said:

Yeah contacted them today, got asked for receipts and lot codes printed on the fans, send that in and hope something can be done :)

Their customer service is amazing so you should be in good hands. 

On 8/15/2016 at 4:02 PM, JGunnz said:

I bought two of the DS fans last summer while I was overhauling the cooling system in my first PC. The first fan, which was put in the front of the case, was really loud due to the honeycomb design in the front grill on the Coolermaster n200. The loud noise wasn't the direct fault of the fan, though annoying. The second fan was a disaster. It was placed on the top of the case as exhaust, and about 1 week after installation the fan started making an awful clicking noise while the blades spun. I had the fan replaced with a new one and the results were no better, still an awful clicking noise was produced. I replaced the exhaust fan with a Noctua and never had any more problems. I would stick with Noctua...

DS fans do not like being mounted horizontally. It's a prevalent occurrence in Amazon and Newegg reviews. Never really been explained. 

That said, when mounted vertically and with the low noise adapter attached, DS fans are some of my absolute favorites. 

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

42 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

DS fans do not like being mounted horizontally. It's a prevalent occurrence in Amazon and Newegg reviews. Never really been explained. 

The weight of the fan blades/hub and the bearing design is what causes issues with horizontal mounting. Many high quality fans like those from Noctua or Be Quiet! don't exhibit the same annoying noise. 

I don't usually use cheap fans. But back when I had a failure, I ran to my local Microcenter and picked up a Cougar. It worked REALLY well for the price. I was really surprised.

On 16/8/2016 at 8:35 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Their customer service is amazing so you should be in good hands. 

I have never actually had to use noctua support, but i have to agree there. Pretty freakin amazing support, wrote to them explaining the problem and they have now shipped new fans to me already, just asked that i break off a wing of each of the old fans and send an email back with a picture next to the email when i have received the new fans. xD