Help m,e figure out a monitor configuration, please!

crkdslider

Hey guys!

Hopefully I am in the right board here.

I am currently running 4 monitors. Three 21.5" Dell's, and a 21:9 Ultrawide LG.

The 3 Dell's are running Nvidia Surround at 5750x1080 and I really want to keep it that way.

My issue arises here... I currently have the ultrawide mounted above my surround monitors. I would like to put my ultrawide underneath my surround monitors, but I am unsure of a reliable way of doing this.

The monitor mount I am currently using looks just like this.

I can raise them up, but even all the way, it doesn't go high enough for the ultrawide to sit on the bottom. Ideally, I'd just use the stock foot that came with the ultrawide, since my ultrawide is kind of jerry rigged up on top right now, and have the surround monitors up above.  

Here is how the monitors currently sit.

Here is a quick photoshop of how I would like them to look.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, crkdslider said:

Hey guys!

Hopefully I am in the right board here.

I am currently running 4 monitors. Three 21.5" Dell's, and a 21:9 Ultrawide LG.

The 3 Dell's are running Nvidia Surround at 5750x1080 and I really want to keep it that way.

My issue arises here... I currently have the ultrawide mounted above my surround monitors. I would like to put my ultrawide underneath my surround monitors, but I am unsure of a reliable way of doing this.

The monitor mount I am currently using looks just like this.

I can raise them up, but even all the way, it doesn't go high enough for the ultrawide to sit on the bottom. Ideally, I'd just use the stock foot that came with the ultrawide, since my ultrawide is kind of jerry rigged up on top right now, and have the surround monitors up above.  

Here is how the monitors currently sit.

Here is a quick photoshop of how I would like them to look.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks!

why do you want to do this it might cause more eye strain

You could wall mount the 3 monitors and have the ultrawide sitting on the desk.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

you could try to mod your 3-monitor stand to extend it vertically.  Might not be very stable though.  Otherwise you could get a 6-monitor stand (2 rows of 3).  Or wall mounts.  Or build a custom thing if you are handy that way.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

23 hours ago, Jstone said:

why do you want to do this it might cause more eye strain

What makes you say that? Just the overall position of the monitors? Or are you talking about the amount of light hitting my eyes from where it is coming from?

1 hour ago, crkdslider said:

What makes you say that? Just the overall position of the monitors? Or are you talking about the amount of light hitting my eyes from where it is coming from?

He/She is probably talking about you having to move your eyes up to look at the top monitors but just tilting the chair back would work perfectly fine.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

13 minutes ago, Gamessys said:

He/She is probably talking about you having to move your eyes up to look at the top monitors but just tilting the chair back would work perfectly fine.

Possibly. I mean, as it is, I already have to move my head up quite high to see my ultrawide on top. I definitely do just lean back in the chair. Not a lot, but enough.