Should I Join "The 'verse"?

Rickman108
Go to solution Solved by Napper198,
11 hours ago, Rickman108 said:

Hey guys, trying to get back into modern PC gaming here. Can you guys help me decide if I want to get Star Citizen? Maybe share some experiences you've had and why you think the game is great. I've been interested for awhile and am thinking about buying my copy. Just give me your recommendations!

This weekend is GamesCom and CIG already announced that they will do a free flight, so you can play the game for free for a week. This will be the best way to decide if you want to buy in.

Hey guys, trying to get back into modern PC gaming here. Can you guys help me decide if I want to get Star Citizen? Maybe share some experiences you've had and why you think the game is great. I've been interested for awhile and am thinking about buying my copy. Just give me your recommendations!

If you're okay with playing a somewhat buggy game where you can fly around blowing shit up, gun people down, and steal other people's ships in a large universe, then what are you waiting for?

The UOLTT community (the "clan" if you will) meets up every Saturday to do something silly, and we're all hanging around the discord channel in my sig. If you're not sure about getting the game, I encourage you to join the discord channel and have a chat with the party. 

EDIT: dammit @Corwin111 the invite expired again. Fix it! In the mean time, https://discord.gg/JFuCR use this

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

16 minutes ago, Rickman108 said:

you know, I bought the Cutlass and I'm generally not happy with the purchase in general.  But I do think that it will be a good game, its just not a good game right now and IMO will be another year before its "playable" to me.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

3 hours ago, Wander Away said:

EDIT: dammit @Corwin111 the invite expired again. Fix it! In the mean time, https://discord.gg/JFuCR use this

Use the link we have: discord.uoltt.org I believe works 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

11 hours ago, Rickman108 said:

This weekend is GamesCom and CIG already announced that they will do a free flight, so you can play the game for free for a week. This will be the best way to decide if you want to buy in.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 6:44 AM, Napper198 said:

Has this already happened? I'm interested in the game, but I would really like to try it out first.

1 hour ago, MattTheMayor said:

Has this already happened? I'm interested in the game, but I would really like to try it out first.

Yeah, the free flight is over now. There will most likely be another one for Citizencon, in October.

On 8/27/2016 at 3:11 PM, colt92 said:

Yeah, the free flight is over now. There will most likely be another one for Citizencon, in October.

Are you sure? I want to know if I get the game now, or wait till after October, and that's assuming that there will be a free flight.

On 8/27/2016 at 3:11 PM, colt92 said:

Are you sure? I want to know if I get the game now, or wait till after October, and that's assuming that there will be a free flight.

13 hours ago, VenomSpice said:

With events like these, there will be almost surely be a free fly week. Especially since it's an event hosted entirely by themselves. 

But that's on October, which is quite a bit off from now... 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

13 hours ago, VenomSpice said:

With events like these, there will be almost surely be a free fly week. Especially since it's an event hosted entirely by themselves. 

But that's on October, which is quite a bit off from now... 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!