Why is my Memory consuming so much?

Crisp
Go to solution Solved by marshmallowbam,

ok so go back to this page https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z97-GAMING-5.html#down-driver&Win10 64 and download the bottom "On-Board lan drivers" make sure to download the bottom one only.

heres the steps to take 

---MAKE SURE TO COPY THIS OR TAKE A PICTURE-----

1.Download

2.uninstall your current driver and the Killer Network Manager (note that doing this you will not be able to connect to the internet)

3.Open the Device Manager search it in the cortana box

4.Go to "Network Adapters"

5.Click on your "killer" lan device

6.Right click and select Update Driver Software

7.Click on Browse my computer

8.Click browse and navigate to the download and select the file then click install or next

9.follow the next steps (it should be pretty straight forward.

10. restart your pc and get back onto linustechtips, then run another download to see if your non-paged pool expands.

\

edit: sorry make sure to install the "ke2200w10 x86" if your running windows 10

Why is my memory at 95%? It is consuming too much 

gtoyzq.png

Chrome. If you close it and make sure all instances of chrome are closed whats ram like then?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

How much RAM do you have??? If your at 95% and based on the programs there, do you have only like 1 or 2gigs of ram??

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Most probably Chrome!

Last i looked Edge uses more ram then chrome.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Just now, Nexxus said:

Well OP's not using Edge is he?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, Samfisher said:

Well he's not using Edge is he?

...Did I say he was?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Just now, Nexxus said:

Even I had this issue with Edge(CPU and RAM). Did you update to the Anniversary Build? Its a lot better now 

Just now, Nexxus said:

...Did I say he was?

So why bother saying Edge uses more? It doesn't help the OP, and nobody said Edge uses less.  There was no mention of Edge at all until you started.

Just now, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Even I had this issue with Edge(CPU and RAM). Did you update to the Anniversary Build? Its a lot better now 

I havent touched edge in a while, Thats why I said when I last looked it very well might be better now. I checked shortly after windows 10 came out.

System Specs

So why bother saying Edge uses more? It doesn't help the OP, and nobody said Edge uses less.  There was no mention of Edge at all until you started.

Please note whom I am replying to and what they posted, there is a reason I quoted it.

smh

System Specs

5 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

How much RAM do you have??? If your at 95% and based on the programs there, do you have only like 1 or 2gigs of ram??

7 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

Chrome. If you close it and make sure all instances of chrome are closed whats ram like then?

Just now, Nexxus said:

Please note whom I am replying to and what they posted, there is a reason I quoted it.

smh

Of course I know who you replied to.  But that person used that image cos he saw Chrome in his Task Manager.  Your Edge post is totally unrelated to anything in this thread.

Of course I know who you replied to.  But that person used that image cos he saw Chrome in his Task Manager.  Your Edge post is totally unrelated to anything in this thread.

No what is totally unrelated to anything is your commentary in this thread thank you very much.

System Specs

Better to use a Browser like Firefox while gaming, will use far less memory, as long as you don't load it up with too many add-ons, or better yet, no browsing at all. If a game is worth playing, PLAY IT!

I only assume you are gaming as I see Battle.net running.

Also you are not showing us the whole picture, seems to be a lot more running than you have shown.

2 minutes ago, Prindagelf said:

Better to use a Browser like Firefox while gaming, will use far less memory, as long as you don't load it up with too many add-ons, or better yet, no browsing at all. If a game is worth playing, PLAY IT!

I only assume you are gaming as I see Battle.net running.

Also you are not showing us the whole picture, seems to be a lot more running than you have shown.

1 minute ago, marshmallowbam said:

click on the performance tab then click on ram and upload a picture of it.

ygobrw.png

3 minutes ago, Crisp said:

ygobrw.png

your non-paged pool should be no bigger then about 300MB, this is generally caused by a memory leakage on your NIC driver caused mostly when downloading large files  that 6.5GB is where all your ram is.

Brandon Marsh

2 minutes ago, marshmallowbam said:

your non-paged pool should be no bigger then about 300MB, this is generally caused by a memory leakage on your NIC driver caused mostly when downloading large files  that 6.5GB is where all your ram is.

Yeah i did recently download large files, is there any way i can solve this issue?

as a first step track down what type of motherboard you have, or what your networking card is since you seem to have 3 ethernet switches. and download the latest driver for it then restart your computer.

Brandon Marsh

1 minute ago, marshmallowbam said:

as a first step track down what type of motherboard you have, or what your networking card is since you seem to have 3 ethernet switches. and download the latest driver for it then restart your computer.

I'm on a MSI Z97 gaming 5 using the built in for network

2 minutes ago, Crisp said:

Yeah i did recently download large files, is there any way i can solve this issue?

no reason to panic its a common issue on windows 10 i actually just had the same issue myself about 2 days ago. like i said track down the proper networking driver for your motherboard (or) NIC card. install, then restart. It should clear up the issue but if not ill keep looking around.

Brandon Marsh