r4 ssd issue

moustacheman
Go to solution Solved by Kirihuna,

You'll have to get a flat power sata cable. It's a shame most PSUs come with L sata cables.

I would just put it into a hard drive tray. It's too hard to get out from behind the motherboard if you go for a bigger SSD / it dies.

so im in the process of building my new pc and ive hit a bit of a snag and i was wondering if anyone could help. ive mounted my ssd on the back of the motherboard tray in my r4 however i cant find any way to connect the sata power to it, there is no way it it will be able to fit as the wires on the sata power cables are pushed up again the mb tray meaning the connectors cant line up. is there anything i can do without having to take my motherboard out. 

thanks 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

You'll have to get a flat power sata cable. It's a shame most PSUs come with L sata cables.

I would just put it into a hard drive tray. It's too hard to get out from behind the motherboard if you go for a bigger SSD / it dies.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

uhhhhhhhhhh that means taking out my motherboard, thanks anyway.  

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Yeah, but it's just my opinion. For me, it makes it easier to just be able to grab the SSD whenever I need to for whatever reason instead of having to undo the motherboard and get it.

You can get this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119010

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Velcro to the rescue! no seriously use velcro on your sdd if you want it to be at the back of the mobo but doesn t want to take out the mobo if you ever want to replace it. it s not like you play football with your r4...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB