MSI Gaming app does not start

PC:

ASRock Fatal1ty z97x killer

i5 4690k

MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G ( newest drivers installed)

Win 7 64 bit home premium( newest updates installed )

16 gb Crucial Ballistix Sport ddr3 ram 1600 mhz

hello there,

just created an account to ask here for help.

i just updated / installed the newest msi gamin app version from the msi website.

After installation i tried to start it but it didn't show up(no process etc in task manager either) and i wondered why.

So i uninstalled it and did a new installation: same problem . I switched from an standard user account to an account with administrator rights and uninstalled and re installed it there. After doing that i started the msi gaming app and after 20 seconds it showed up. Yeah, but after switching back to the standard user it didnt work anymore...

So , has anyone a solution for this?

Desktop PC:

Ryzen 5 3600 @stock - Noctua NH-U12S-SE-AM4-  B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac - Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT -

32GB (16x2) Ballistix Sport DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 -

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA - 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 - Corsair TX 750M - NZXT H500 - Benq GW2765 -
ViewSonic VS2778  SMHD -  Logitech G105

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVzK4n

Have you tried running it as administrator?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Have you tried running it as administrator?

sure i did. But if i did that, the process was only 1 sec working before it was gone again(i am

using the windows task manager)

Desktop PC:

Ryzen 5 3600 @stock - Noctua NH-U12S-SE-AM4-  B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac - Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT -

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA - 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 - Corsair TX 750M - NZXT H500 - Benq GW2765 -

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

49 minutes ago, Ruboka said:

sure i did. But if i did that, the process was only 1 sec working before it was gone again(i am

using the windows task manager)

Have you tried running the installer as admin?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Have you tried running the installer as admin?

I assume i did not.  I feel kinda dumb now, that such a little thing happened to me ...

Well thx for the help anyway //

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

hmm seems still not working . After restarting the computer it wont start like in the beginning. I restarted the pc because i experienced a big input lag while gaming (starbound / terraria )

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

26 minutes ago, Ruboka said:

hmm seems still not working . After restarting the computer it wont start like in the beginning. I restarted the pc because i experienced a big input lag while gaming (starbound / terraria )

So you ran the installer and application as admin and it didn't work, but if you switched to an administrative account it works?

That sounds strange for sure. Try something for me: Run the app, and it shouldn't start (like normal). Then go and check your Application Event Log and see if any errors are popping up. If you don't know how, just read this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx

P.S. I just noticed you aren't following this topic. If you want to get notified when someone replies to this topic but isn't quoting you then click the follow button right above the "Reply to This Topic" button. You should probably do that so that you'll get notified of replies.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, DocSwag said:

So you ran the installer and application as admin and it didn't work, but if you switched to an administrative account it works?

That sounds strange for sure. Try something for me: Run the app, and it shouldn't start (like normal). Then go and check your Application Event Log and see if any errors are popping up. If you don't know how, just read this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997769(v=exchg.65).aspx

P.S. I just noticed you aren't following this topic. If you want to get notified when someone replies to this topic but isn't quoting you then click the follow button right above the "Reply to This Topic" button. You should probably do that so that you'll get notified of replies.

it worked only until i restarted the pc(i installed by running the install exe as admin and ran the application with standard user rights).

in the event log i didnt find anything quite usefull, but only 8 entries under windows protocoll -> application with the source "service1" and the message that the service command has been processed and no event id (it is 0)

dont know if the problem was my installation from the window updates (because i had quite a pain installing the updates) i had to install some updates from the microsoft update catalog to get the windows updater working because the normal winsows updater didnt find any updates, and yeah it was a lot of work to get it working.

but i cant test it elsewhere,because i have only this pc.

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

39 minutes ago, Ruboka said:

it worked only until i restarted the pc(i installed by running the install exe as admin and ran the application with standard user rights).

in the event log i didnt find anything quite usefull, but only 8 entries under windows protocoll -> application with the source "service1" and the message that the service command has been processed and no event id (it is 0)

dont know if the problem was my installation from the window updates (because i had quite a pain installing the updates) i had to install some updates from the microsoft update catalog to get the windows updater working because the normal winsows updater didnt find any updates, and yeah it was a lot of work to get it working.

but i cant test it elsewhere,because i have only this pc.

Weird, I honestly don't know now. That's quite strange. You're installing the gaming app from the CD, right?

If you really want to go for one last try you could try downloading it from here: http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/games/PC/guru3d/afterburner/MSI-GamingApp-[Guru3D.com].exe

And no, it shouldn't be a virus. I got it from Guru3D which is a well known tech review website. I doubt it'll work but it's always worth a shot I guess.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Weird, I honestly don't know now. That's quite strange. You're installing the gaming app from the CD, right?

If you really want to go for one last try you could try downloading it from here: http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/games/PC/guru3d/afterburner/MSI-GamingApp-[Guru3D.com].exe

And no, it shouldn't be a virus. I got it from Guru3D which is a well known tech review website. I doubt it'll work but it's always worth a shot I guess.

i tried to update from the version i installed since i put my computer together(the cd one) by installing the new version from the msi website.

And the 3dguru version says my system doesnt support the software.

oh man, but thx for the help.

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

45 minutes ago, Ruboka said:

i tried to update from the version i installed since i put my computer together(the cd one) by installing the new version from the msi website.

And the 3dguru version says my system doesnt support the software.

oh man, but thx for the help.

:( I don't have any idea then... You could try making a new topic here to see if someone else can help you or contact MSI for support. Idk.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

15 hours ago, DocSwag said:

:( I don't have any idea then... You could try making a new topic here to see if someone else can help you or contact MSI for support. Idk.

yeah idk either .

Furhermore it seems that installing the windows updates or by trying to update the msi gaming app software my usb hub keeps unconnecting  and i dont know if its the fault of windows (i experienced crazy things with usb hubs using windows) or the power plug from the usb hub(i dont know if the usb hub is secured that no voltage is passed through the input cable into my motherboard, but i dont find other good rated active hubs on amazon either) or ....idk .

I will see if i contact the msi support during the next month or let it be.

Maybe i will reinstall my windows 7 or will upgrade to 10 and those problems are gone away(haha windows and no problems.... ), because its kinda frustrating to deal with such stupid things.

Desktop PC:

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker: