PC made from all used parts will not post

I decided to build a completely used parts PC as a fun summer project but despite some awesome deals I was instantly hit with the reality of buying used parts. The guy who sold me the case left a speaker in there from his Asus Motherboard that I have been using for beep codes and i get the same code every time i attempt to boot, 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. I have read that this is a Video card error but i get the same code with my GPU and IGPU alike suggesting there is something else wrong. I have switched the RAM which did not help, gone over all connections and even completely took the system apart and started over, and I still have no luck. Unfortunately since this PC has never booted while in my possession and all parts are used i have no way of knowing what the bios version is, there is no operating system on the PC currently,  and can not provide any useful screenshots unless looking at a blank screen helps you. 

My Specs

CPU: i5 2500k

M/B: Gigabyte z77-DS3H

Ram: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz

GPU: Evga GTX 970

PSU: Seasonic x-750 80+ Gold

sounds like a bad board

test the GPU in your main system

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

When you switched to integrated did you pull the discrete out? It may still be trying to initialize the interface and erroring out before it even realized there's nothing plugged in.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

1 minute ago, unidentical said:

When you switched to integrated did you pull the discrete out? It may still be trying to initialize the interface and erroring out before it even realized there's nothing plugged in.

Yes i did remove it, so i should leave it in but still try integrated?

16 minutes ago, The Pope of Dope said:

Yes i did remove it, so i should leave it in but still try integrated?

I was just thinking it would be good to remove the whole video card from the system. If you've already done that then that's my best guess gone.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

4 hours ago, The Pope of Dope said:

I decided to build a completely used parts PC as a fun summer project but despite some awesome deals I was instantly hit with the reality of buying used parts. The guy who sold me the case left a speaker in there from his Asus Motherboard that I have been using for beep codes and i get the same code every time i attempt to boot, 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. I have read that this is a Video card error but i get the same code with my GPU and IGPU alike suggesting there is something else wrong. I have switched the RAM which did not help, gone over all connections and even completely took the system apart and started over, and I still have no luck. Unfortunately since this PC has never booted while in my possession and all parts are used i have no way of knowing what the bios version is, there is no operating system on the PC currently,  and can not provide any useful screenshots unless looking at a blank screen helps you. 

My Specs

CPU: i5 2500k

M/B: Gigabyte z77-DS3H

Ram: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz

GPU: Evga GTX 970

PSU: Seasonic x-750 80+ Gold

I'm not sure but I think you have the wrong motherboard?

Was Z68 the highest that sandy bridge goes?

It's not a race to the bottom.

8 hours ago, 0x1e said:

I'm not sure but I think you have the wrong motherboard?

Was Z68 the highest that sandy bridge goes?

Z77 will work with the 2500.

3 hours ago, unidentical said:

Z77 will work with the 2500.

Learnt something new today.

It's not a race to the bottom.

The 2500K is supported on the Z77 chipset.

The 2500K has the Intel HD3000 IGP which the Z77 supports - so support is fine. 

Perhaps you might need to check if your motherboard has any sort of graphics jumper that needs to be switched?

Additionally have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Thirdly, have you tried a different discrete GPU if possible?

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

46 minutes ago, Jarsky said:

The 2500K is supported on the Z77 chipset.

The 2500K has the Intel HD3000 IGP which the Z77 supports - so support is fine. 

Perhaps you might need to check if your motherboard has any sort of graphics jumper that needs to be switched?

Additionally have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Thirdly, have you tried a different discrete GPU if possible?

I have a few different cards i could try but i put the 970 in my rig and it worked fine, as for clearing the CMOS im really confused as stupid as that sounds because what i have read says to completely unplug the computer, bridge the pins together with a screw driver then plug it back in but if the pc is totally off how will it know if those pins were ever bridged?

1 DIMM, known-to-work PSU and the CPU (and its heatsink/fan).  Strip everything else out and try to get that to at least POST. 

Work up from there.

The Z77 board for the i5-2500k works just fine as all revisions of Sandy should be supported on all Z77 boards.  Its going the other way, ie: Cougar Point/Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge CPU that has the BIOS flash issues. 

Try physically removing the battery for an hour too.  To clear that off. 

On 8/14/2016 at 0:25 AM, Mark77 said:

1 DIMM, known-to-work PSU and the CPU (and its heatsink/fan).  Strip everything else out and try to get that to at least POST. 

Work up from there.

The Z77 board for the i5-2500k works just fine as all revisions of Sandy should be supported on all Z77 boards.  Its going the other way, ie: Cougar Point/Sandy Bridge to Ivy Bridge CPU that has the BIOS flash issues. 

Try physically removing the battery for an hour too.  To clear that off. 

Only thing i have not tried is taking out the battery so i will do that next.