How to achieve 300+ Frames in CSGO

Papa P
Go to solution Solved by cesrai,
17 hours ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

Yes, and I get a solid 100 frames at recommended settings and am fine with it. 

That's low and recommend settings aren't the best you know.

On August 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM, vong said:

Must be trying to get bragging rights.

Actually makes quite the difference.

@Link357

Try -high and -nod3d9ex1( has a chance of giving a boost ) -threads "number of threads" ( probably doesn't help as utilising multicores got better, but someone people say it still gives them a boost ), go to xbox app and disable windows DVR, go to nvidia control panel and set it to maximum performance, pre-rendered frames to 1, in cs itself you are better setting everything to low and very low, but that's up to you. Set your fps_max 300, setting it to 0 is stupid imo as you will get higher loading times less consistent FPS and your frame times will just go through hell. 

I would like to run csgo at 200+ frames, heres my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4CXRTH , I have the detail settings on high and the post-processing settings disabled.

I already know that "you can't see" more than 144 frames with my monitor but that's not the question I asked so please don't use it as an answer.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, Link357 said:

I would like to run csgo at 200+ frames, heres my system: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4CXRTH , I have the detail settings on high and the post-processing settings disabled.

I already know that "you can't see" more than 144 frames with my monitor but that's not the question I asked so please don't use it as an answer.

Thanks.

put everything on minimum . EZ

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

5 minutes ago, Link357 said:

Thanks.

Why 200fps when your monitor can only handle 144fps?

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

You should have no difficulties reaching 200fps. I have a GTX 970 and get that pretty consistently.

Some guy called my office, trying to sell me computers. I just said "oh you mean those little box's with the tv on top? Yeah, our accountant has some". He promptly gave up and hung up the phone lol

My 970 gladly nudges source engine's default cap of 300 fps when combined with a 4790k.

- do you have vsync fully disabled? (no double/triple buffering either)

- what's the cpu usage like? (Per core, i dont care about total usage.)

- what's the gpu usage like?

- OS / nvidia driver version / resolution / other oddities that may affect fps.

16 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

put everything on minimum . EZ

Get out. EZ

13 minutes ago, vong said:

Why 200fps when your monitor can only handle 144fps?

I'n pretty sure he mentioned that he knows ;)

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

Get out. EZ

I'n pretty sure he mentioned that he knows ;)

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

21 minutes ago, vong said:

It's cs:go, just run it at 300fps because reasons :P

1 hour ago, vong said:

Do you even play cs?

You should have no problem getting over 200 fps with that build. Make sure multi core rendering is enabled in the settings. 

3 minutes ago, elpiop said:

You should have no problem getting over 200 fps with that build. Make sure multi core rendering is enabled in the settings. 

I do have multi core enabled.

I assume you have your drivers updated and everything. Not really sure what could be the problem. Make sure the settings in nvidia control panel are correct maybe? 

Just now, elpiop said:

I assume you have your drivers updated and everything. Not really sure what could be the problem. Make sure the settings in nvidia control panel are correct maybe?

My drivers are up to date. I have nvidia panel settings to default.

This seems quite weird seeing as i constantly get over 200 FPS in CSGO but my PC is substantially less powerful than yours (Check my profile to see my PC).

(i'm going to assume you aren't completely inept and you have all of your settings In-Game adjusted accordingly) so here are my recommendations:

1.) Unparking your CPU cores ( This usually gives people a HUGE increase in FPS, just as long as you don't care that your CPU will basically never "Sleep")

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

2.) Try using the +mat_queue_mode 2 launch option. BananaGaming did a great video tutorial on this so i suggest using that as a guide.

Other than that i have no idea what the problem could possibly be (maybe a bad overclock? or perhaps thermal throttling? Insufficient PSU?)

Anyways, hope I helped maybe just a little bit

P.S I don't know if you're already aware of the fps_max 0 command but maybe your fps is just locked?

7 hours ago, Tekphearion said:

This seems quite weird seeing as i constantly get over 200 FPS in CSGO but my PC is substantially less powerful than yours (Check my profile to see my PC).

(i'm going to assume you aren't completely inept and you have all of your settings In-Game adjusted accordingly) so here are my recommendations:

1.) Unparking your CPU cores ( This usually gives people a HUGE increase in FPS, just as long as you don't care that your CPU will basically never "Sleep")

http://www.coderbag.com/programming-c/disable-cpu-core-parking-utility

2.) Try using the +mat_queue_mode 2 launch option. BananaGaming did a great video tutorial on this so i suggest using that as a guide.

Other than that i have no idea what the problem could possibly be (maybe a bad overclock? or perhaps thermal throttling? Insufficient PSU?)

Anyways, hope I helped maybe just a little bit

P.S I don't know if you're already aware of the fps_max 0 command but maybe your fps is just locked?

Tried your suggestions, they didn't do anything. Still tops off at a solid 120-130.

Almost anyone can play csgo at 25 fps and be good, I think you'll survive at 140.

Just now, GamerGuyEbby said:

almost anyone can play csgo at 25 fps and be good, i think you'll survive at 140.

That's not the point, I have this hardware to achieve 300fps. If I knew I wasn't going to get 300 then I would have bought a cheaper card.

That's not the point, I have this hardware to achieve 300fps. If I knew I wasn't going to get 300 then I would have bought a cheaper card.

But why do you need 300 fps (not trying to start an argument just don't really understand and I think others are lost as well.)

10 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

But why do you need 300 fps (not trying to start an argument just don't really understand and I think others are lost as well.)

Do you play CSGO?

Do you play CSGO?

14 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

Well I'm not fine with my fps.

Ok, so you know how important it is to have a lot of frames. When you have more frames than your monitor can use the monitor picks the closest frame to when it shows the frame. So this allows the monitor 160 more frames a second, or about 2 frames every time the monitor shows a new image, to access allowing you to see a more recent image, which gives you a better chance to react and know where the enemy actually is. 

2 minutes ago, Link357 said:

Well I'm not fine with my fps.

Ok, so you know how important it is to have a lot of frames. When you have more frames than your monitor can use the monitor picks the closest frame to when it shows the frame. So this allows the monitor 160 more frames a second, or about 2 frames every time the monitor shows a new image, to access allowing you to see a more recent image, which gives you a better chance to react and know where the enemy actually is. 

Ok, well in my opinion I think it won't too much of a noticeable difference, but whatever. 

I've changed a few settings but I'm still getting 127 frames exactly.