FX 9590 & 9370 CPUs, Now Officially Available Through Retail, With A Few Surprises.

On another note if I was going to put money into a full loop i could probably afford a more expensive more powerful processor. 

As for why is TDP a big deal? Because you have to buy better stuff just to handle it

Now back to the higher TDP the better stuff you have to buy which applies to anything even GPU's. The higher TDP the bigger PSU you need to buy and the bigger cooler you need to get for it. 

These are valid points for not buying this CPU. But my gripe is with TDP specifically being thrown around like its a detriment.

I agree that if you are going to go custom loop, you might as well go with a better CPU

I agree that you ought to have a PSU and motherboard that are more heavy duty and w/i spec

The only thing is that this chip is being shipped with an H80 which should handle it fine. If you want something better, you could sell the AMD AIO and buy yourself an H220 or whatever for a few extra bucks. And I doubt these CPUs would be used for anything but new builds so all the necessary in-spec components would be purchased with the CPU. After all of this, TDP really means nothing. As long as you have a nice case, a big ol' rad and some fans, Bring on the TDP I say! 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

In any case, I don't want this to turn into a benchmarking battle, so I apologize in advance, but the fact of the matter remains, Intel gives us little to no performance improvements & reduces power consumption, something that we as desktop users, especially gamers wouldn't care about at all, 30W is less than my bathroom light.

U are actually wrong with your assumption I care about power consumption and it's the reason I went 1150 and not 2011 when Intels 6 cores power consumption is as low as 1150 chips then I will move to that also Intel has no competition so they don't need to give us 30% performance increases every generation.

Seems fair they were never worth the prize you had to pay before...
now you just pay 8350 price with added AIO and binning selection...

I myself don't care to much about the DTP as long as I can get efficient enough cooling.

I'd like to see what a stock 220W intel would do xD

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93