any news on 4k ultrawide yet?

ricky1267

Any news on any 4k monitors I bought a msi gtx 1080 but I only own a Asus rog swift 1440p 144hz monitor I want to try 4K but I don't feel the 4k monitors at the moment are any thing near special yet CES 2016 Asus had a prototype of a Asus 4k ips 120hz monitor but that won't be here till next year I was wondering is their any news on 4k ips ultrawide monitors if not when do you think they will be announced or do you think we are far from their I believe 4k is going to be big next year especially with the new Gpus I've only 1 gtx1080 at the moment but I plan on buying another and get ready for a mind blowing experience of a 4k ips ultra wide and I believe you don't need a high refresh rate on 4k as you obviously won't be playing competitive on 4k as much as I love my 144hz on 1440p I'd much rather have a ultra wide 4k ips at 60hz 

You can already get 3.4K Ultrawide monitors - and the resolution to size is about as pixel dense as you'd want it. I can't imagine much higher resolutions coming anytime soon but someone might do it "just cause".

9 hours ago, Dredgy said:

You can already get 3.4K Ultrawide monitors - and the resolution to size is about as pixel dense as you'd want it. I can't imagine much higher resolutions coming anytime soon but someone might do it "just cause".

ill just wait and see what is the name of some of the 3.4K monitors