my cpu usage is high on multiple games

Hello! I just have a question about my cpu (i7 4790k) and why it's acting like this. I've been playing GTAV, Rainbow Six Siege, and overwatch and their cpu usage is over 70 to 80 with capped fps. without an fps cap rainbow six siege reaches 100, overwatch goes to the low 90s to mid 80s, and gtav can go to high 80s. Everyone I know has an i7 4790k, and they don't need to cap their fps on any of the games I listed. my temps are mid 50s could it be a cpu bottlenecking,my cooler or a faulty cpu? Thank you for your time to read my question.

cpu: i7 4790k

graphics card:

gtx 1080

32gb of ram

windows 10

cpu cooler: corsair h110i gtx

I'm confused as to why you need to cap your frame rate. GTA V and Rainbow Six Seige I imagine are CPU heavy games, and can take advantage of all the threads the 4790K has to offer. I'm also leaning towards Overwatch being able to do the same thing - take advantage of all the threads the CPU has to offer.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The CPU usage of R6S is a well known problem. In some cases it can be fixed by activating vSync in the R6S options. Just try doing so.

Well anything under your i7 will bottleneck a 1070 *in some cases* so i would say that it is normal

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

26 minutes ago, Marziin111 said:

The CPU usage of R6S is a well known problem. In some cases it can be fixed by activating vSync in the R6S options. Just try doing so.

same for tom clancy the division. that thing is a good cpu bencher haha 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King