New single slot cards?

I have a very compact htpc (~9 liters) that's just begging to be upgraded with next gen hardware on the gpu side of things. Anyone else looking forward to some low profile (half height), single slot cards? 

I currently have a Low profile Radeon HD 7750 from Sapphire. I'm amazed nobody else has entered this space. I think there are a few gtx 730's with gddr3, but many of those are not true single slot, more like 1.5 slot. 

I'm thinking the RX 460 is a perfect candidate for this. The board is the right length. Hopefully someone fills this niche. These form factor cards are also great for people with small, pre-built Dell optiplex and similar systems that can only accommodate bus powered, half height cards. 

The rx460 is purely pcie bus powered correct? I really hope one of the manufacturers brings one to market. 

I wish Mini-DTX was a thing, you'd then be able to have your low-profile card in the top slot and a second card in the second slot (or double thick card in bottom and second card in the top).

Look at most cases, they've got the room for a Mini-DTX board so why don't motherboard manufacturers build them? I'd buy one.

The 460 requires 6-pin power, I haven't seen any without one and I'm almost 100% sure there won't be one without it.

Not really related but I have 2 single slot 8800GT's kickin' around in a workstation at the office.

Single slot is hard these days with how hard and hot the cards run. Yes I know that cards are getting more and more efficient, but they're still too hot to effectively be cooled by single slot cards when under gaming load.

When in doubt, re-format.

15 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

The 460 requires 6-pin power, I haven't any without one and I'm almost 100% sure there won't be one without it.

your profile pic .-.

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

you can make AMD's new cards single slot if you watercool them. most new single slot cards I know of are workstation cards.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I thought I saw the 460 was 75w. That's the max of the pci slot right? So it should be able to be bus powered but AIB just aren't doing it. My 7750 is ~55w I think. At least my 7750 is gcn 1.0 with 512 sp's. Most of the single slot cards are way older architecture with no hope of taking advantage of new api's. I'm just frustrated that we have several years of progress and no viable upgrade for a card released in 2012. 

I realize water cooling is possible but again, I need half height, itx length. Nobody makes a half height waterblock. Also, my case has no room for a radiator, it's 9 liters. 

It's really just an htpc so it's not critical. My main gaming system is running a gtx 1080. I just thought I'd poll the community to see if anyone else is interested in such cards. 

http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?pid=06EC1E23-8D88-49FD-9178-621F00ADC4BB&lang=eng