First build (700-800 ish €)

Glagoon

Hello everyone! Discovered Linus a few weeks ago and this forum and you guys really seem to know your stuff. So this is probably the perfect place to come for help to.

I want to ascend, as people like to call it these days and build a glorious PC.I never actually built one, so I´m looking forward to this challenge. I always loved lego, some people told me it´s kinda like lego. I like.

Mainly looking to play games: pretty much Blizzard games, LoL, Elderscrolls III-V (also upcoming Elderscrolls), and whatever tickles my fancy on steam. So probably a lot. Mainfocus though on the first "3" in the list. Looking to play at 60 FPS, high settings (doesn´t need to be an ultra-I-don´t-need-to-go-outside-because-I-got-better-graphics-inhere kinda thing). I just want an overall fun experience at a good value :)

After some..a lot..way too much and confusing... research I came up with a build, that should potentially be fine and not blow up in my face, at least not on the first day, but I am looking for any additional recommendations and improvements! Also, I live in Germany, so prices are in € and everything is friggin expensive. So here is the plan:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/f4af4a22175170a5b963a372c9c7667e62ad8d643d13bfc7482 

-> I hope this link works. I´ll type it up anyway though:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6500 4x 3.20GHz So.1151 BOX (196.90€)

Board: ASRock H110M-HDS Intel H110 So.1151 Dual  (50.31€)

RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4-2133 DIMM CL15 Single (30.65€)

GPU: 6144MB Gainward GeForce GTX 1060 Aktiv PCIe  (278.06€)

PSU: 550 Watt XFX Pro Core Edition Non-Modular  (56.02€)

SSD: 240GB ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (ASP550SS3-240G (61.44€)

HDD: not gonna use one for now/ got an older one lying around/ might use more SSDs in the future! Got fast internet, so I can download games when I need them!

Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 (88.33€)

The case is my biggest concern right now. I love the formfactor of the corsair carbide 240, the design itself and especially the window/ side panel. That idea seems like something I would enjoy a lot, with maybe some LED fans. Though here my dontknowhow strikes: pretty much all the builds I saw included a watercooled CPU. Some reviews said, the case is pretty much only a decent option, if air cooling only is used? Water cooling would not be something I´m interested in; first, the maintenance and second, the price. Just adds a lot more to the build.
SO, the question: can I use this beautiful case with aircooling only? Also, what additional fans could you guys recommend? Some LEDs (blue or red) would be amazing, too! So I can feel like I got a tiny optimus prime on my desk. Do I need an adapter to connect the fans to my motherboard, or should I rather just connect them to the PSU...? Is an additional CPU-cooler needed (no overclocking)?

Also: while setting up the PC, what things do I have to keep in mind for the BIOS? I only have a vague idea by now, what the BIOS even is, so what should I watch out for while handling it?

Anyway, that would be my pile of questions. I hope someone has the patience to put up with it :) Would be highly appreciated!

Regards, a confused soon-to-be-builder!
Thanks in advance for any feedback :)

EDIT: uploaded too early, wasn´t done.

16 minutes ago, Glagoon said:

Hello everyone! Discovered Linus a few weeks ago and this forum and you guys really seem to know your stuff. So this is probably the perfect place to come for help to.

I want to ascend, as people like to call it these days and build a glorious PC.I never actually built one, so I´m looking forward to this challenge. I always loved lego, some people told me it´s kinda like lego. I like.

Mainly looking to play games: pretty much Blizzard games, LoL, Elderscrolls III-V (also upcoming Elderscrolls), and whatever tickles my fancy on steam. So probably a lot. Mainfocus though on the first "3" in the list. Looking to play at 60 FPS, high settings (doesn´t need to be an ultra-I-don´t-need-to-go-outside-because-I-got-better-graphics-inhere kinda thing). I just want an overall fun experience at a good value :)

After some..a lot..way too much and confusing... research I came up with a build, that should potentially be fine and not blow up in my face, at least not on the first day, but I am looking for any additional recommendations and improvements! Also, I live in Germany, so prices are in € and everything is friggin expensive. So here is the plan:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/f4af4a22175170a5b963a372c9c7667e62ad8d643d13bfc7482 

SSD: 240GB ADATA Premier SP550 2.5" (6.4cm) SATA 6Gb/s TLC Toggle (ASP550SS3-240G (61.44€)

HDD: not gonna use one for now/ got an older one lying around/ might use more SSDs in the future! Got fast internet, so I can download games when I need them!

The case is my biggest concern right now. I love the formfactor of the corsair carbide 240, the design itself and especially the window/ side panel. That idea seems like something I would enjoy a lot, with maybe some LED fans. Though here my dontknowhow strikes: pretty much all the builds I saw included a watercooled CPU. Some reviews said, the case is pretty much only a decent option, if air cooling only is used? Water cooling would not be something I´m interested in; first, the maintenance and second, the price. Just adds a lot more to the build.
SO, the question: can I use this beautiful case with aircooling only? Also, what additional fans could you guys recommend? Some LEDs (blue or red) would be amazing, too! So I can feel like I got a tiny optimus prime on my desk. Do I need an adapter to connect the fans to my motherboard, or should I rather just connect them to the PSU...? Is an additional CPU-cooler needed (no overclocking)?

Also: while setting up the PC, what things do I have to keep in mind for the BIOS? I only have a vague idea by now, what the BIOS even is, so what should I watch out for while handling it?

Anyway, that would be my pile of questions. I hope someone has the patience to put up with it :) Would be highly appreciated!

Case should be fine, don't worry about water cooling. Don't need an aftermarket cooler since your not overclocking. Fans, just get what you like. Noctua is king of the hill in the US, but I'm pretty sure there are other good companies in Germany.

18 minutes ago, Glagoon said:

Also, a single 240GB SSD is not going to be enough for ES lll to V. Not to mention any other games. Should get a 1TB HDD. (ES 6 Hype.)

24 minutes ago, Glagoon said:

Just a possible 2nd choice:

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg6sXH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg6sXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€204.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€74.53 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€41.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€48.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Mini Video Card  (€286.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€47.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.01 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €803.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 20:56 CEST+0200

You'll need that 1TB HDD for 3+ ES games.

Not from my own experience but I've read that the Adata SSDs arent that good or something is with them idk.

Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB costs 10€ more and is from a well-known company just a though.

Also is the SSD your only storage device or do you perhaps already have a HDD or something like that laying around?

If not you can a 1TB HDD from Western Digital pretty cheap and they are solid as your SSD wont be enough for the 

amount of games you listed.

Just now, Kuri said:

Not from my own experience but I've read that the Adata SSDs arent that good or something is with them idk.

Kingston SSDNow UV400 240GB costs 10€ more and is from a well-known company just a though.

Also is the SSD your only storage device or do you perhaps already have a HDD or something like that laying around?

If not you can a 1TB HDD from Western Digital pretty cheap and they are solid as your SSD wont be enough for the 

AData is fine. The SP550 is one of the best value SSDs out there.

No direct complaints with the assortment of parts you gathered, there are some comments however.

I would go with a higher efficiency power supply. If you get a good one, even 450W will be enough. This system with the i5 and single GPU will not be that hungry. Examples:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Super-Flower-Golden-Green-HX-Non-Modular-80--Gold_944620.html

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Corsair-RMx-Series-RM550x-Modular-80--Gold_1015135.html

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/450-Watt-Seasonic-G-Series-Modular-80--Gold_822536.html

Don't worry about the case. It comes with a few fans factory installed and you can always get some be quiet! fans, they are quiet and come from Germany so you should be able to get a decent deal on them. You won't be overclocking so the boxed CPU cooler will do. Only if you want to keep temperatures even lower under load, you'll have to invest in one. 

Your chosen motherboard comes with only 1 4-pin fan connector for a case fan, which is not enough. Look up some micro ATX boards, those generally have 3 connectors for a case fan, which should be enough.

As far as BIOS goes, you shouldn't have to mess with it besides selecting boot drives, which is easy nowadays as you can just use your mouse. You put your parts together, you turn it on and go into the BIOS to select a boot drive. It's pretty straightforward, just don't click anything you don't recognize or know and you'll be fine.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

15 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Just a possible 2nd choice:

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg6sXH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Yg6sXH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€204.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€74.53 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€41.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€48.50 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Mini Video Card  (€286.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Case: Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€47.83 @ Mindfactory) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.01 @ Mindfactory) 
Total: €803.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 20:56 CEST+0200

You'll need that 1TB HDD for 3+ ES games.

Probably a good idea with the HDD. I will probably just get one now, makes more sense, I guess! Thanks a lot :)
The motherboard you recommended: would this be a better option? If so, why?

12 minutes ago, Kuri said:

Will probably get an HDD then! Got an old one laying around, but it´s pretty old and might end up not working properly haha..

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Glagoon said:

Probably a good idea with the HDD. I will probably just get one now, makes more sense, I guess! Thanks a lot :)
The motherboard you recommended: would this be a better option? If so, why?

More over the extra ram slots for better expansion. Personally think at this range, the mobo. you get should have 4 ram slots.

4 minutes ago, Xineas said:

No direct complaints with the assortment of parts you gathered, there are some comments however.

I would go with a higher efficiency power supply. If you get a good one, even 450W will be enough. This system with the i5 and single GPU will not be that hungry. Examples:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Super-Flower-Golden-Green-HX-Non-Modular-80--Gold_944620.html

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/550-Watt-Corsair-RMx-Series-RM550x-Modular-80--Gold_1015135.html

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/450-Watt-Seasonic-G-Series-Modular-80--Gold_822536.html

Don't worry about the case. It comes with a few fans factory installed and you can always get some be quiet! fans, they are quiet and come from Germany so you should be able to get a decent deal on them. You won't be overclocking so the boxed CPU cooler will do. Only if you want to keep temperatures even lower under load, you'll have to invest in one. 

Your chosen motherboard comes with only 1 4-pin fan connector for a case fan, which is not enough. Look up some micro ATX boards, those generally have 3 connectors for a case fan, which should be enough.

As far as BIOS goes, you shouldn't have to mess with it besides selecting boot drives, which is easy nowadays as you can just use your mouse. You put your parts together, you turn it on and go into the BIOS to select a boot drive. It's pretty straightforward, just don't click anything you don't recognize or know and you'll be fine.

Thanks a lot, great advice! Really relieved about the BIOS.
For the motherboard: could you maybe give me a recommendation or two? I find the boards to be very confusing in regards of quality and type (regular micro mini and I don´t even know what else..). A micro ATX would still fit in the case, from my understanding?

3 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

More over the extra ram slots for better expansion. Personally think at this range, the mobo. you get should have 4 ram slots.

Sounds good. Would this one have more 4 pin connectors? As Xineas mentioned, I would need more of those for the fans. I tried to find the amount of connectors it had, but can´t actually find it.. (on the overview there 3 or 4 pin connectors aren´t listed, don´t know if they are just "coded" with some fancy name or so?).

Sounds good. Would this one have more 4 pin connectors? As Xineas mentioned, I would need more of those for the fans. I tried to find the amount of connectors it had, but can´t actually find it.. (on the overview there 3 or 4 pin connectors aren´t listed, don´t know if they are just "coded" with some fancy name or so?).

Has one for the CPU cooler and one for the Case fan.

Thanks a lot, great advice! Really relieved about the BIOS.
For the motherboard: could you maybe give me a recommendation or two? I find the boards to be very confusing in regards of quality and type (regular micro mini and I don´t even know what else..). A micro ATX would still fit in the case, from my understanding?

Yes the Corsair Air 240 (comes in black and white) fits a mATX or smaller board. The one you chose looks very small for an mATX board, it's almost as small as an ITX board.

Other options are: 

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/ASRock-H170M-Pro4-Intel-H170-So-1151-Dual-Channel-DDR4-mATX-Retail_1011764.html

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/Gigabyte-GA-B150M-D3H-Intel-B150-So-1151-Dual-Channel-DDR-mATX-Retail_1012583.html

where the last one actually has 4 fan connectors, 1 for CPU and 3 for case fans.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x