Upgrading my PC

Evlo

Hey guys, my name Lewis and I am fourteen... Now, I am really into tech, gaming, etc. and ai was just looking for some advice... or help on building my new gaming rig...

At the moment I am just using a company called CyberpowerUK to configure an Intel Build... I also have a budget of around £1,000... So if you think you can belp out... Please do...

Now the purpose of the rig will simply be for gaming... and I don't mean gaming as in playing Call of Duty. I play quite intensive games such as the ArmA series, Star Citizen and more... I also have no need for any peripherals or displays... Simply the rig...

I have also already configured what I believe to be quite a good computer... But I would like a second opinion...

So here are my current specs;

Case. NZXT H440 or NZXT S340

Motherboard. MSI Z170A

CPU. Intel I5 6600

GPU. MSI GTX 1060

RAM. 16GB if Corsair Vengeance DDR4/3200mhz

PSU. Corsair 600 Walts Modular Gaming Upgrade

Hard Drive. 2TB Seagate Hybrid

CPU Cooling. Corsair Hydro Series H80I V2

Operating System. Windows 10 Home

Notes.

Case RGB lighing.

Sound Reduction Tech

Maximum Airflow with 3x120mm Magnetic Levitating Corsair Fans

So guys, I would be so happy for any help anyone can give me... I would also like to apologize if I worded the secs wrong, if so, please say so and I will get you whatever you need. So thanks.

Get a separate SSD and HDD instead of a hybrid drive

Don't get a CX600M or whatever it's called

Your budget is £1000? Give me a bit to make a list. 

Have a list @Evlo:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£213.34 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£67.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z170A-X1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£97.71 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (£32.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial BX200 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£57.25 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£41.99 @ Novatech) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition Video Card  (£398.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (£84.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£50.51 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £1045.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-09 10:18 BST+0100

Please overclock the 6600k. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Get a separate SSD and HDD instead of a hybrid drive

Don't get a CX600M or whatever it's called

Your budget is £1000? Give me a bit to make a list. 

Yeah... My origanal plan was to get the Hybrid... But also upgrade later on with two Samsung SSDs later down the line...

Just now, Evlo said:

Yeah... My origanal plan was to get the Hybrid... But also upgrade later on with two Samsung SSDs later down the line...

Well, I've updated the post with an SSD and HDD, ignore the guy saying you don't need an SSD (he'll appear shortly I think) and it's a bit over £1000 (you did say 'around' :P)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Evlo said:

ok im here) you dont need the ssd you can live without that and in the result save a bit of money

Main rig aka "Spatra"

cpu :Amd athlon x2    gpu:Palit gt 640  hdd:some toshiba hard drive that might die soon озу :4 gb case:some case from delux with custom paint

phones:  main one philips s396 backup samsung sgh-d780

9 minutes ago, linushellskitchentips said:

ok im here) you dont need the ssd you can live without that and in the result save a bit of money

Clearly you don't know the world of difference a SSD makes.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

25 minutes ago, Evlo said:

Hey guys, my name Lewis and I am fourteen... Now, I am really into tech, gaming, etc. and ai was just looking for some advice... or help on building my new gaming rig...

At the moment I am just using a company called CyberpowerUK to configure an Intel Build... I also have a budget of around £1,000... So if you think you can belp out... Please do...

Now the purpose of the rig will simply be for gaming... and I don't mean gaming as in playing Call of Duty. I play quite intensive games such as the ArmA series, Star Citizen and more... I also have no need for any peripherals or displays... Simply the rig...

I have also already configured what I believe to be quite a good computer... But I would like a second opinion...

So here are my current specs;

Case. NZXT H440 or NZXT S340

Motherboard. MSI Z170A

CPU. Intel I5 6600

GPU. MSI GTX 1060

RAM. 16GB if Corsair Vengeance DDR4/3200mhz

PSU. Corsair 600 Walts Modular Gaming Upgrade

Hard Drive. 2TB Seagate Hybrid

CPU Cooling. Corsair Hydro Series H80I V2

Operating System. Windows 10 Home

Notes.

Case RGB lighing.

Sound Reduction Tech

Maximum Airflow with 3x120mm Magnetic Levitating Corsair Fans

So guys, I would be so happy for any help anyone can give me... I would also like to apologize if I worded the secs wrong, if so, please say so and I will get you whatever you need. So thanks.

Although this build is decent, I recommend what @TheRandomness has suggested. If you do go with this, there are a few issues with it. Is the CPU K? You have included a Z170 Mobo and a locked CPU which cant be overclocked, if you want to overclock make sure the CPU is a K. I wouldn't go for a hybrid HDD as most only actually have 8GB of SSD storage and you cant decide what goes on there. Also, AIO water cooling is pointless as you can get equivalent high end air coolers for less (I would only recommend AIO water for Mini ITX, as they perform better than low profile air coolers).  

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

If you pick parts from that store you'd have very limited options, AmazonUK's got a lot wider selection of parts to choose from.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£268.10 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£33.49 @ Amazon UK) 

^not necessary but since the case is windowed might as well have this to replace the stock cooler
Motherboard: MSI Z170-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£86.55 @ Amazon UK) 

^same price as H170 boards so why not
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£58.13 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£72.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£41.58 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GAMING Video Card  (£238.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case  (£74.99 @ Amazon UK) 

^Getting this over the S340 any day
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £945.79

OS: Windows 10 Pro OEM (£25 @ Kinguin.net) / https://youtu.be/yXTqz3Fd28M

• Quote people's post else they won't know you replied.

Crapware | 4670k | Hyper212X | GSkill RipjawsX 16GB | Sapphire R9 280x VaporX | 840EVO 120GB | 1TB BLACK + BLUE

Logitech G102 | Corsair K70 MX Brown | HyperX Cloud