What is coding?

Chaicho
1 hour ago, Nicholatian said:

You have contributed absolutely nothing to the “discussion” beyond nitpicky criticism, so this is pretty much going nowhere in a big hurry. Come back when you have something to say that’s relevant to the topic at hand, OK? :)

I did right back at the start.

No, you’re inviting me to step in mud so you can point and laugh under a veil of logic and reason.

And by the way, I totally understand what the real issue at hand is. The object of the discussion is not the ramifications of software, and you’d be deluding yourself to believe it ever was. I can see enough into things to know the reason you even posted that irrelevant textbook nonsense is to make yourself look smart and appear knowledgeable, and you really didn’t take kindly to me coming in and telling you it’s not relevant or helpful.

How dare I come in and tarnish your rep as being a genius! Why, you just have to do something to make sure everyone knows I look like the dumb one! Please, just go home already. Only really dumb people will buy into that at this point.

Before you respond with a bunch of cherry-picked counterarguments or thinly veiled attacks, I don’t want to hear it. You’re better off writing it in Notepad or something.

Quintessentially I'm trying to get you to justify why you think that these core concepts (design patterns, architecture, principles and so on) are meaningless and irrelevant. Moreover why you seem to think that it's not necessary to understand them in order to write production grade software in a company. That's all.

Yet all you are doing is providing an onslaught of obnoxious little noises and self contradictions; in one instance you say that they do matter but then you say that they don't. You also talk about a confused menagerie of different disciplines and roles... There's absolutely no intellectual substance to the bile that you are aimlessly throwing up all over the place.

When pushed for reasons all you seem capable of doing is vomiting yet more insults. It would seem that you really are that immature, yes? O.o

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.