Iphone cant send pictures to Samsung?

Caleb SF

So my brother is in the same house as me, he doesnt have his cellular on, if he sends me a picture I cant get it. This is the same if I send him a picture, he wont get it. Normal messages work fine. If either one of us turns our cellular on, we will recieve the pictures.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

3 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

So my brother is in the same house as me, he doesnt have his cellular on, if he sends me a picture I cant get it. This is the same if I send him a picture, he wont get it. Normal messages work fine. If either one of us turns our cellular on, we will recieve the pictures.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

MMS uses data. Also, if he switched over from iOS and used iMessage/facetime with his number, he needs to unregister it.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

3 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

snip

well normal messages dont need data, i switched over from ios and my number is the same so i guess they automaticallyt unregistered it?

1 minute ago, Caleb SF said:

well normal messages dont need data, i switched over from ios and my number is the same so i guess they automaticallyt unregistered it?

It's suppsed to happen automatically, but unfortunately it does not. 

Use this to unregister your number. Then try again after a day. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

It's suppsed to happen automatically, but unfortunately it does not. 

Use this to unregister your number. Then try again after a day. https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

So I (samsung) should do that? and wat would it really do? Also just curious of how much data each picture would use.

1 minute ago, Caleb SF said:

So I (samsung) should do that? and wat would it really do? Also just curious of how much data each picture would use.

Whoever moved from iOS should follow the steps. What is does is it prevents iOS devices from keeping the number tied to iMessage allowing those that move from iOS devices to send normal sms/mms to iOS devices. Also MMS maxes out at 1MB/media file. 

11 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

snip

ok maybe im just stupid but, I am recieving messages, just not pictures. Do I still need to?

2 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

ok maybe im just stupid but, I am recieving messages, just not pictures. Do I still need to?

No. If that's the case then you need to see if he has data enabled like Someone mentioned above.

Just now, Scruffy90 said:

No. If that's the case then you need to see if he has data enabled like Someone mentioned above.

ya, does samsung have a option tho where I can have data turned off, but when recieving or sending pictures it'll turn it on?

9 minutes ago, Caleb SF said:

ya, does samsung have a option tho where I can have data turned off, but when recieving or sending pictures it'll turn it on?

No, you have to turn it on and leave it on if you want to receive the mms