Want to make a custom, visually appealing, cooling solution

So, here's what I'd like to accomplish, but I'm not sure of what special steps I need to take to get this done. I am building a new serup, all fairly new and exciting. My liquid cooling system, however, has been a great disappointment. I am able to tint the water running through my water cooler, particularly since this will be visible through the open area of the case. So, my goal for this system is to use clear water tubing to remove heat from the setup. I would LOVE to be able to add something like mineral oil (colored) to the water in the radiator cooler, that way there would be something non-native to the system, so we should be able to see the coolant circulate.

So... any insight would greatly be apprepreatly

6 minutes ago, swyld said:

-snip-

To clarify, you want to color your coolant, right? It's fine to use certain coolants on a day to day basis. Mayhem's Aurora is a show coolant that will clog when the micropearls fall out of solution. But Mayhem's pastel and dyes do not clog. That isn't to say they aren't without issue. All dyes except UV clear blue will stain over time, red being the worst. But they do clean up with some effort. You also need to avoid adding anything that'll chemically react to the coolants since they use lots of vegetable extract and things like the wrong biocides or leftovers from not cleaning your loop properly will cause them to break down. So colored coolants are perfectly acceptable for daily use so long as you clean your loop properly every once and awhile.

Did my post help you? Then make sure to rate it!

Check out my post on symbolic links! || PSU ranking and tiers || Pokemon Thread

6 minutes ago, swyld said:

So, here's what I'd like to accomplish, but I'm not sure of what special steps I need to take to get this done. I am building a new serup, all fairly new and exciting. My liquid cooling system, however, has been a great disappointment. I am able to tint the water running through my water cooler, particularly since this will be visible through the open area of the case. So, my goal for this system is to use clear water tubing to remove heat from the setup. I would LOVE to be able to add something like mineral oil (colored) to the water in the radiator cooler, that way there would be something non-native to the system, so we should be able to see the coolant circulate.

So... any insight would greatly be apprepreatly

Welcome to the Forums!

For colored fluids you wouldn't use something like mineral oil, what you will want is either a premixed fluid with everything like biocides included or a dye for making your own colors. As for colored fluids if you want something opaque the Mayhems Pastel is one of the best ones out there, and for transparent ones their X1 series.