New to Intel CPU's and I need help

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Yes,  at least my H80i draws it's power from there.  The pwm connector only has 1 wire (fan/pump speed to prevent mobo error messages),  and the USB header is for speed control through software,  not power. 

Where is it? I handled this thing for an hour and never saw one, even on corsairs unboxing video 

1 minute ago, BrosufStalin said:

Where is it? I handled this thing for an hour and never saw one, even on corsairs unboxing video 

I've just looked on the corsair website it looks like it draws power through the fan header according to PDF download 

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

1 minute ago, RxL said:

I've just looked on the corsair website it looks like it draws power through the fan header according to PDF download 

Phew I was gonna say I did it wrong for a long time then xD

The V2 series changed the way they power the pump.

It will likely have just a standard CPU fan header. Ensure you have set your CPU fan header in the motherboard to maximum. If your motherboard reduces voltage to the pump/fans to try to control fan speeds, performance can get very poor.

2 minutes ago, BrosufStalin said:

Maybe it's changed for the V2 (I have the older H80i). You can see the connector in this picture:

Spoiler

H80i_finale.jpg

If the V2 removed it, then it's something else...

Hmmm, I wonder if I should just tear it apart to make sure it isn't anything with how the pump is mounted

Thank you guys so much, after enough gathering of willpower I finally just took it apart and found that the threading on one side of the standoff wasn't the same as the others, flipped it over and it seated all the way down almost to the motherboard like the rest, got it all back together and at 87% load the max temp was 69 degrees, a much more reasonable number than almost 100, hopefully the arctic silver will come to its full potential as it says it will in time and the temps will continue dropping. Thank you all again for the help and I hope you have a wonderful day! :D