Headset +- 100 euro

DrLuigi

Hello Everybody,

Recently (Today) my Roccatkave broke... One of the ears just broke and its now hanging like it doesnt care at all!

So i wanted to ask you guys perhaps if you know a good Headset (Kinda like the thing of having a mic tho, Thats why i don't rly like the sennheiser HD595)

So if you know a nice headset that has great audio and a good Microphone please let me now ^^

I dont mind Open nor Closed headphones.

I generaly play games with this headphone, But ye it should of course just have nice sound overall ^^

Argh, what a bad day, RIP roccat kave :*(

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Drluigi

If you really need a headset and can't be bothered getting headphone + mic, then I can recommend the SteelSeries Siberia V2. Still one of the best sub $100 headsets I can recommend.

I personally just switched over to Sennheiser 558 and hoping to do a boom mic mod since the antlion micmods are sold out.

+1 for the Siberia V2 if you absolutely need that combo. I will say right now, you are better off keeping your HD 595s and getting a desk mic or a Zalman clip-on mic. The Zalman one is like $6 I own a pair of HD 558s myself and I will never look back at gaming headsets. The sound AND mic quality will be worse and it's really not worth the trade off of a little more convenience IMO.

Spoiler

Whats the new name of Sennheiser HD595? Due i cant seem to find them on http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

Thanks for the very quick and helpfull messages ^^

Well i might do the Zalman combo with Sennheiser if Zalman is realy that nice o quality,

Whats the new name of Sennheiser HD595? Due i cant seem to find them on http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/

Thanks for the very quick and helpfull messages ^^

Well i might do the Zalman combo with Sennheiser if Zalman is realy that nice o quality,

I have it myself and all my friends said it sounds great over TeamSpeak. They actually thought I was using a $100 mic.

Spoiler

Well is there another Sennheiser/or other headphone around 100 Euro ? (100 is kinda the max)

I realy aint looking to spend that much (200 euro)

Btw just a sidenote, Isnt Logitech G35 a good headphone?

But ye i am also now open for headphone suggestions ^^

Well is there another Sennheiser/or other headphone around 100 Euro ? (100 is kinda the max)

I realy aint looking to spend that much (200 euro)

Btw just a sidenote, Isnt Logitech G35 a good headphone?

But ye i am also now open for headphone suggestions ^^

I have the G35 and I can say that that is one amazing beast! 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

Something like an AKG K550 or Sony MA900 with a clip on or desk mic would be an option if you are considering headphones now.

Headset

So you're looking to spend more, to get significantly worse quality? Don't understand consumers some times.

So you're looking to spend more, to get significantly worse quality? Don't understand consumers some times.

What do you mean with that?

If you mean about the Logitech its in Belgium around 95 Euros when Sennheiser HD598 is 195 Euros,

I am open for help that includes headphones, But i wont mind Headsets either, but i would prefer under 100e

What do you mean with that?

If you mean about the Logitech its in Belgium around 95 Euros when Sennheiser HD598 is 195 Euros,

I am open for help that includes headphones, But i wont mind Headsets either, but i would prefer under 100e

I completely misunderstood, I thought you already had the 595's and didn't want to use them! Apologies.

Again the best bet is to get the best pair of headphones you can afford, and buy a zalman clip on. Check out 558's they are much cheaper and sound just as good.

It would be worth spending that little extra amount on a pair of Sennheiser HD595's and zalman clip-on mic. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD598's and i love them.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

It would be worth spending that little extra amount on a pair of Sennheiser HD595's and zalman clip-on mic. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD598's and i love them.

598s arent being sold anymore, (Atleast in Belgium)

And i realy aint looking to spend more then 100e (for the headphone alone.)

Ofc i wont mind 120 euros, but that will be aprox the farest i probably will go

/edit i mean the 595s arent sold anymore.

There still on the website...http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/high-end-headphones-audio-stereo-hifi-hd-598 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-High-End-Open-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381323085&sr=8-1&keywords=hd598%27s

Anyway i think you should save up a little then, better spending money one something that is over priced but all i can do is give you advice.

Look for headphones in your country -

Dt 880

Dt 999

HD 555

HD 558

Ad700x

Ad500x

Pioneer se-a1000

Akg k240

Pioneer SE-A1000 as "MayflowerElectronics" mentioned seem to be every liked and very cheap.  

There still on the website...http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/high-end-headphones-audio-stereo-hifi-hd-598 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-High-End-Open-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B0042A8CW2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381323085&sr=8-1&keywords=hd598%27s

Anyway i think you should save up a little then, better spending money one something that is over priced but all i can do is give you advice.

Ye sorry i mean 595, Mixed up the two,

Kinda liking the HD558,

But ye 150 euros is kinda alot imo for a headphone, Gonna need to think about that one.

Pioneer SE-A1000 as "MayflowerElectronics" mentioned seem to be every liked and very cheap.  

Oh rly?

I first thought they were very ugly tho, but if they seem to perform good i will look in it further ^^

Ye sorry i mean 595, Mixed up the two,

Kinda liking the HD558,

But ye 150 euros is kinda alot imo for a headphone, Gonna need to think about that one.

Oh rly?

I first thought they were very ugly tho, but if they seem to perform good i will look in it further ^^

It's worth the cash and the Pioneer SE-A1000 might not be the most pleasing thing to look at but from what i have heard there worth it.

Where will you buy your headset?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

Well probably from Alternate.be or a site from Tweakers.net (Depending on its reviews)

Well probably from Alternate.be or a site from Tweakers.net (Depending on its reviews)

Alternate sells the clip on as well, if you hadn't noticed. And redcoon sells the 558 at a cheaper price according to PriceWatch. It is only 10 euros cheaper, so if you know you trust alternate, buying it there would be not that much more expensive, especially if you calculate the shipping when combining the 558-zalman order.

| Operating Systems: Arch Linux  /  Debian Linux  /  Windows 7 | Audio: Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D + AKG Q701 |

| Display: Samsung Syncmaster P2450H | Mouse: Razer Deathadder Black | Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL Brown | Mic: Samson C03U |

| Case: Corsair 600T | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | GPU: AMD HD7950 | Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | RAM: 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair TX850M |

If you're also from Belgium, I can recommend you www.azerty.nl and www.coolblue.be

Well ye i was already thinking to get a Zalman Combo or Headset,

I am atm thinking about a HD 598 or 558.

I just hate giving so much money for a headphone :P

Meh says the guy just gave 750+ euros for a 3D printer luls :PxD

Well i was also thinking about a Logitech G35 since some guys i knew online were quiet positive about it.

But i guess the sennheiser will be of more Quality.

Thanks guys for the fantastic help, Couldnt have asked for more :)