Is this right ? should i try to rma?

RNGesusHatesMe

got a 1080 xtreme water force and im hitting 68c at load 

note im running a mini itx if that helps idk if i should try to rma this it seems high for a watercooled gpu any others with this card got any experience?

Is the pump working? Give some more nfo man.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Hmm, for a 120mm rad I would say this sounds about right, maybe a little hot but nothing extreme. Can you try setting your fan and pump curve to be more aggressive?

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Is the pump working? Give some more nfo man.

id hope so woulnt it be in the 80s if it wasnt ?

3 minutes ago, SlyTroopah said:

Depends on the OC. 68 Under load at a good OC is good.

just noticed it is hitting 2063 havent tried to OC 

3 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

Hmm, for a 120mm rad I would say this sounds about right, maybe a little hot but nothing extreme. Can you try setting your fan and pump curve to be more aggressive?

i suppose this would be a option but shouldnt it be lower at the stock fan curve? 

Just now, RNGesusHatesMe said:

just noticed it is hitting 2063 havent tried to OC 

i suppose this would be a option but shouldnt it be lower at the stock fan curve? 

68 is good under load. If you are worrying about the GPU being too hot, you shouldn't be.

3 minutes ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

I'm not too sure, never had a hybrid card before only air and custom watercooled, aswell as having never played around with a 1080, how hot is your ambient and what is your case air flow like?  

2 minutes ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

j--gone--

If the pump isn't working then the idle temp would be very high. It could also be like an air bubble causing this, especially if the loop is a custom loop. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 minutes ago, KE2012 said:

I'm not too sure, never had a hybrid card before only air and custom watercooled, aswell as having never played around with a 1080, how hot is your ambient and what is your case air flow like?  

its 22 c atm 

unfortunately corsair lied with their case (380t) u cant fit a radiator at the back so my setup is 

the stock front fan intake

my h55 connected to the cpu at the front behind it with a pull config noctua industralia 120m fan intake

a corsair af 120m red led exhaust at the back 

and on the right the 1080 radiator with fan as exhaust (u cant use as intake as its kept in like that)

shame with this case ucant have 2 120 mm radiators on the right 

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

If the pump isn't working then the idle temp would be very high. It could also be like an air bubble causing this, especially if the loop is a custom loop. 

idle im at 30c  its the default aio that comes with the graphics card idk i might call them and ask as it feels high for a liquid gpu

7 minutes ago, SlyTroopah said:

68 is good under load. If you are worrying about the GPU being too hot, you shouldn't be.

im worried as a liquid cooled gpu should be cooler shouldnt it ? 

That doesn't sound good at all. 68c is what I'd expect from the air cooled version 1080 Xtreme Gaming. If the radiator fan is getting even half decent airflow and isn't somehow sucking in like super super hot air, there's definitely something wrong. I'd contact the manufacturer or wherever you bought the card.

Have you tried adjusting the fanspeed? 68c definitely isn't okay or good or acceptable in any way for a water cooled card, even if it has just a 120 rad.

Liquid cooling since 2002.

its ok

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

Asked a friend @IRC who owns the card in question. His temps at stock settings were 52c or lower in a room with very high ambient temp.

1 minute ago, unholy_walrus said:

Asked a friend @IRC who owns the card in question. His temps at stock settings were 52c or lower in a room with very high ambient temp.

would it be cause of the form factor ? i dotn think it would be as its using a radiator so shouldnt be that drastic of a issue as its a full water loop cooling vram as well also whats irc (soz for the dumb question) 

Just now, RNGesusHatesMe said:

would it be cause of the form factor ? i dotn think it would be as its using a radiator so shouldnt be that drastic of a issue as its a full water loop cooling vram as well also whats irc (soz for the dumb question) 

To find out if it is your form factor the best thing to do would be to remove the radiator from your case and test it, see if your temps raise again. If they do then you know your airflow is atrocious and needing work. 

5 minutes ago, RNGesusHatesMe said:

A small case with bad airflow will effect your temps a bit but not by this much. If I were you I'd definitely get in contact with your retailer and Gigabyte both. Those temps aren't dangerous by any means but you're not getting what you paid for. Pascal boosts much more steadily when kept at low temps.

IRC = internet relay chat. It's an old chat service. :)

edit: Also, do what KE2012 just said. I don't think that's the case but you should make sure anyway.

That's way too high. I get MAX 38c with 18c ambient temps with a EVGA Hybrid Kit cooled GTX 1080 overclocked to 2076. There's definitely something wrong with your card.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM