First PC Build Questions

Keiosu

I am creating my first PC and I am going to be buying all of the parts very soon and I was wondering if all of the parts that I have chosen will work nicely together and that the case I have chosen (albeit a cheap one) will fit everything well enough. I am willing to upgrade some of these items if need be for better compatibility/performance, my budget is around $550 to $600 (including graphics card although I will not be purchasing it immediately with the other parts)

This is the parts list:

(I didn't include my OS simply because I have Windows 10 on a flash drive already)

Thank you any feedback is appreciated (I should also mention the most intensive game I plan to run is Witcher III and other than that I would just be playing Blizzard Games)

You should go with DDR4 or DDR3L RAM otherwise you are making your CPU work with higher voltage RAM than it should work with.

Try to get a ssd and get a RX 480 it will perform better and have more vram

You'll need to change the RAM to DDR4 and most people will suggest not using that power supply. As for Witcher III, you won't max it out at 60fps, but I'm sure you can find a medium mix of settings to work for you.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/84H27h

700 ish but includes windows for 30$

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHZ
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GT 730

Attachcorethingy: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Infoholdstick: 4x2GB sticks

Computerarmor: Lenovo Case

Rememberdoogle: 2 250 Gig Drives

AdditionalPylons: Generic 300 Watt

Letterpad: Lenovo

Buttonrodent: Lenovo

Aural Interface: Sony

Liquidrectangles: 1 1600x900 Vizio TV

I know some people prefer NVIDIA over AMD because NVIDIA is more reliable, however, the RX480 for around the same price as the GTX960 will be a much better option. As for the RAM, I would go with 2x4gb sticks instead of 1x8gb stick so that they can run in dual channel. You may also consider gettin RAM that has a clock of 1866mhz for a slight increase in speed, I might suggest HyperX Fury.

Sorry about that, I didn't realize that you chose a Skylake processor.

Oh, wait, a DDR3 H110? Weird...................

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

i have 2 gb gtx 960 and its getting kinda weak already due to the vram so u definetly need something with more

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nMbb8K
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nMbb8K/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($29.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.88 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ Newegg)
Total: $391.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 16:12 EDT-0400

around 400 bucks. and then add a gpu of ur choice. BUT NOT the 960. I would suggest 470 if you are on budget. 480/1060 if you have extra money. 470 beats 960 with equal or less money.

2 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nMbb8K
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/nMbb8K/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.88 @ OutletPC)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.89 @ Newegg)
Total: $391.73
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 16:12 EDT-0400

around 400 bucks. and then add a gpu of ur choice. BUT NOT the 960. I would suggest 470 if you are on budget. 480/1060 if you have extra money. 470 beats 960 with equal or less money.

Is there a reason I should use the 6400 over the 6500 or was that just for pricing?

Just now, Keiosu said:

Is there a reason I should use the 6400 over the 6500 or was that just for pricing?

ya. just pricing man. I tried to fit a 6500, but its another 20ish witch makes the total price to $410. its a little over the budge if you choose to buy 470, which i think will be more than 200 when it comes out, just like the overpriced 480/1060.

1 minute ago, Devin92 said:

ya. just pricing man. I tried to fit a 6500, but its another 20ish witch makes the total price to $410. its a little over the budge if you choose to buy 470, which i think will be more than 200 when it comes out, just like the overpriced 480/1060.

would you recommend a 6500 over a 6400 cause if the performance is overall better I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash for it and if the 470 will be about 200 and better than the 960 then I'll swing for that I will be buying my graphics card later anyway, and that case will be fine for the rig, right? 

8 minutes ago, Keiosu said:

would you recommend a 6500 over a 6400 cause if the performance is overall better I wouldn't mind spending the extra cash for it and if the 470 will be about 200 and better than the 960 then I'll swing for that I will be buying my graphics card later anyway, and that case will be fine for the rig, right? 

I would suggest 6500 over 6400.

You wont buy the GPU for now anyway. so you can w8 to see the real price. Also more benchmarks regarding 470 will be out and you can compare the performace to 960 urself. I heard 470 beats it.

Plus my bad to say it will be over 200. I was thinking in CAD since I live in Canada. Just did a quick check for 480 on pcpartpicker and it seems the price is not tat crazy.

The case is fine. Wont have clearance issue. However, you can check out the coolermaster n200 mATX case. its the same price. I used n600 its bigger brother and i liked it. Plus it has more GPU clearance which may comes handy.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6h9k6X
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6h9k6X/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $412.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 16:34 EDT-0400

6 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

I would suggest 6500 over 6400.

You wont buy the GPU for now anyway. so you can w8 to see the real price. Also more benchmarks regarding 470 will be out and you can compare the performace to 960 urself. I heard 470 beats it.

Plus my bad to say it will be over 200. I was thinking in CAD since I live in Canada. Just did a quick check for 480 on pcpartpicker and it seems the price is not tat crazy.

The case is fine. Wont have clearance issue. However, you can check out the coolermaster n200 mATX case. its the same price. I used n600 its bigger brother and i liked it. Plus it has more GPU clearance which may comes handy.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6h9k6X
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6h9k6X/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($198.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($36.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $412.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 16:34 EDT-0400

Okay thank you this looks pretty good to me and looks like what I will be buying thanks for the help and input

1 hour ago, Keiosu said:

Okay thank you this looks pretty good to me and looks like what I will be buying thanks for the help and input

I agree with @Devin92 except for the psu. That psu is pretty bad, so instead I recommend a list like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4FTg23

You're paying 8 or 9 dollars or so more, but the psu is a lot more reliable so I personally think it's worth it.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

I agree with @Devin92 except for the psu. That psu is pretty bad, so instead I recommend a list like this: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4FTg23

You're paying 8 or 9 dollars or so more, but the psu is a lot more reliable so I personally think it's worth it.

What exactly is the bad thing about the psu i choose? (asking in a wondering sense, I added the one you suggested to my list and also would the psu you recommended be able to handle a radeon 480 fine?) 

14 hours ago, DocSwag said:

i heard the gray sticker ones is okay now? the green ones are bad.

Just now, Devin92 said:

i heard the gray sticker ones is okay now? the green ones are bad.

The gray sticker ones are the CXM units, which this isn't.

To be honest, I'm not sure which one this is... I've been referring to this list:

and on here the seasonic is a tier 3 and the corsair is either a tier 4 or tier 5.... However, I can't figure out which revision this is. My guess is it's probably a rev 3 one though, which would put it in tier 4. 

So so it's not quite as bad as I first thought then.... So I guess now what it comes down to is if the OP wants to spend the 8 or 9 dollars to go up a tier in psu or if he's fine with the CX 500.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb