300-400$ gaming pc?

I have a gateway sx with an amd a10-5700 and integrated graphics. This computer runs arma pretty well compared to what I've seen on much more expensive rigs. It has a 1tb hdd. I would like better fps in games though. I honestly would be okay with above 40 on most games. Graphics quality doesn't matter to me as much as performance, although it is nice to have sexy graphics. I am thinking of maybe upgrading this pc because I do not want to waste the cpu. It isn't too bad from what I have heard. The case however  is not wide enough to fit a graphics card. I have found a decent case for around 30$ by cooler master. I will also get a cheap liquid cooler for the cpu. Probably the biggest spend though, will be the graphics card and I am okay with that. I don't want to spend more than 400$ on this upgrade though. What graphics card would work well with my a10? I thought maybe a GeForce gtx 1060, however my cpu will bottleneck it. And I don't think I need that good performance in games. Maybe a 750ti, or something in between? I'm very lost on ideas here. Should I upgrade like I said or should I just start over? Thanks guys!

12 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

I have a gateway sx with an amd a10-5700 and integrated graphics. This computer runs arma pretty well compared to what I've seen on much more expensive rigs. It has a 1tb hdd. I would like better fps in games though. I honestly would be okay with above 40 on most games. Graphics quality doesn't matter to me as much as performance, although it is nice to have sexy graphics. I am thinking of maybe upgrading this pc because I do not want to waste the cpu. It isn't too bad from what I have heard. The case however  is not wide enough to fit a graphics card. I have found a decent case for around 30$ by cooler master. I will also get a cheap liquid cooler for the cpu. Probably the biggest spend though, will be the graphics card and I am okay with that. I don't want to spend more than 400$ on this upgrade though. What graphics card would work well with my a10? I thought maybe a GeForce gtx 1060, however my cpu will bottleneck it. And I don't think I need that good performance in games. Maybe a 750ti, or something in between? I'm very lost on ideas here. Should I upgrade like I said or should I just start over? Thanks guys!

I would think about getting a 950 because I'm pretty sure it won't bottleneck that.

Just now, Jack Dvorak said:

I would think about getting a 950 because I'm pretty sure it won't bottleneck that.

How good is performance on a 950? If I wanted to play ark survival evolved how much fps would that give me on low?

One: I'm so sorry that you are subjected to using an APU and it's integrated graphics. RIP your gaming experience. And it's a low-end APU too, my god that's got to be horrible. But yeah, a 950 will probably be fine for you. However I do recommend that you wait, save up your money, and upgrade your whole machine. With just $600 it's pretty incredible what you can do nowadays. If that's not an option, there are different routes that you can take.

AMD FX-6300  -105$

RX 480 - 200$

Asus M5A97 - 95$

Hyper 212 EVO - 30$

This would come at a cost of 430$ and should be able to run most games on 60+ FPS with decent graphics settings on 1080p.

Just now, Logarithm said:

One: I'm so sorry that you are subjected to using an APU and it's integrated graphics. RIP your gaming experience. And it's a low-end APU too, my god that's got to be horrible. But yeah, a 950 will probably be fine for you. However I do recommend that you wait, save up your money, and upgrade your whole machine. With just $600 it's pretty incredible what you can do nowadays. If that's not an option, there are different routes that you can take.

I'm actually okay with the performance on this rig. It can definitely be better but arma runs amazingly on it and I don't know why. Haha. I was actually thinking of this for Christmas however.

1 minute ago, Kuri said:

AMD FX-6300  -105$

RX 480 - 200$

Asus M5A97 - 95$

Hyper 212 EVO - 30$

This would come at a cost of 430$ and should be able to run most games on 60+ FPS with decent graphics settings on 1080p.

How powerful is the cpu? I would like to run arma on it at least above 30fps. And a good processor helps.

1 minute ago, Cantaloupeman said:

I'm actually okay with the performance on this rig. It can definitely be better but arma runs amazingly on it and I don't know why. Haha. I was actually thinking of this for Christmas however.

I'm guessing "amazingly" is pretty relative in this case.

The 6300 is by far stronger than the one you are using and you will probably end up with more than 30 fps

I'm guessing "amazingly" is pretty relative in this case.

Well amazingly to me is 24 fps to 30fps. Im really surprised. It isnt good at all, however most people with high end rigs cant get that good fps out of it.  Its a terribly optimized game.

Just now, Kuri said:

The 6300 is by far stronger than the one you are using and you will probably end up with more than 30 fps

Yeah i will definitely look into that buikd. Thanks so much!

No problem. 

Also keep in mind in case you wanna invest some extra bucks you can get the H100i

instead of the 212 EVO (total cost ~500$). This way you can overclock your CPU for

even more performance but you should be fine even without.

1 minute ago, Kuri said:

No problem. 

Also keep in mind in case you wanna invest some extra bucks you can get the H100i

instead of the 212 EVO (total cost ~500$). This way you can overclock your CPU for

even more performance but you should be fine even without.

Do keep in mind that he is using a terrible prebuilt, and would need probably need to get a new case to deal with all of these new parts. Also probably a new power supply, now that I think of it. which would most likely add about $80 in total on top of all of the other costs.

Do keep in mind that he is using a terrible prebuilt, and would need probably need to get a new case to deal with all of these new parts. Also probably a new power supply, now that I think of it. which would most likely add about $80 in total on top of all of the other costs.

Oh yeah now that I think of it he said he is using an integrated GPU. Damn.

OP, I dont know what PSU (power supply) you have but you should first if it can 

work with the CPU and the GPU I mentioned - or you tell me and I can look it up.

In case it's not suitable you will have to invest another 50$ at least in a new PSU.

And depending on the case the H100i might not even fit so if you really want that

you should first look if your case even supports radiators.

Thanks for reminding me Logarithm I really overlooked that.

1 hour ago, Kuri said:

Oh yeah now that I think of it he said he is using an integrated GPU. Damn.

OP, I dont know what PSU (power supply) you have but you should first if it can 

work with the CPU and the GPU I mentioned - or you tell me and I can look it up.

In case it's not suitable you will have to invest another 50$ at least in a new PSU.

And depending on the case the H100i might not even fit so if you really want that

you should first look if your case even supports radiators.

Thanks for reminding me Logarithm I really overlooked that.

Yeah i might just need to go used parts for this