Perhaps a stupid question re: acrylic tubing

Go to solution Solved by WunderWuffle,

I'm looking at doing my next setup with Primochill acrylic tubing. My main question is how do I attach these fittings onto G1/4" threaded holes? I've seen photos of this sort of setup and they normally have some other piece attached between the fitting and the holes.

You just screw the fittings into the component, then you connect the tubing to that fitting.

I'm looking at doing my next setup with Primochill acrylic tubing. My main question is how do I attach these fittings onto G1/4" threaded holes? I've seen photos of this sort of setup and they normally have some other piece attached between the fitting and the holes.

You just screw the fittings into the component, then you connect the tubing to that fitting.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

They screw into the threads in the holes of the blocks/res/pump/rads (g1/4 refers to the threading).

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Huh, guess I just didn't look closely enough. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of threading on the not-tube side.

Huh, guess I just didn't look closely enough. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of threading on the not-tube side.

You don't need a lot, just enough to make sure the rubber gasket has a good seal.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

is this your first water cooling build? if so, you might want to resort to an easier tubing

platform as the acrylic is great to look at, but a genuine PITA to use, bend (correctly),

sort and use. especially leaks. many discussions on AT (acrylic tubing), and you might

look into those as well to make a better informed decision.

is this your first water cooling build? if so, you might want to resort to an easier tubing

platform as the acrylic is great to look at, but a genuine PITA to use, bend (correctly),

sort and use. especially leaks. many discussions on AT (acrylic tubing), and you might

look into those as well to make a better informed decision.

I haven't even used AT but there's no way in hell I would recommend it to a first time WC. Doing your first loop is a pain as is and AC would just be a nightmare. 

Send me your tubing and fittings and buy some regular tubing. Sound like a plan?