GTX 970 DP-ports suddenly stopped working (I think)

Trollelicious
Go to solution Solved by Trollelicious,

Just woke up and started the computer and now everything is back to normal... I have no idea what happened but it seems sleeping for 11 hours is the way to go!

Hi.

So... In the middle of a competetive Overwatch match I opened NVIDIA GeForce Experience to record a nice play I did but as soon as it started my monitor went black and my game (and all other applications) moved over to my second monitor. After the match I tried closing and opening GeForce Experience again and unplugging the DP cable and plugging it back in but nothing happens.

I'm running a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming for my main 144hz monitor and my old GT 640 for my second monitor and I tried plugging in the HDMI from my second monitor into the 970 and it worked so I'm guessing there's something wrong with either the 3 DP ports or the cable but I'm not sure. If anyone has any advice or ideas of what I can do please share them with me. And yes, I have tried turning my computer off and on again ;)

Thanks in advance!

Nvidia will give you 30 bucks, go to you local repair shop ask him to replace your DP and pay him that 30 bucks, problem solved

2 minutes ago, MicrosoftCertTechnician said:

Nvidia will give you 30 bucks, go to you local repair shop ask him to replace your DP and pay him that 30 bucks, problem solved

I'd rather not be without it for 2-4 months but it's one option I guess.

Just woke up and started the computer and now everything is back to normal... I have no idea what happened but it seems sleeping for 11 hours is the way to go!