H115i vs x61

Has anyone seen or heard of any benchmarks between these two? Last I knew the x61 was performing on average the best for a 280mm. Haven't heard how well the H115i is and can't seem to find any decent reviews.

I have heard its a decent and well-performing cooler, as expected from corsair. Was mostly hoping to get some sort of benchmarks between the two, or some in general. Not to many people post how well the cooler works temperature wise.

17 hours ago, mitchpman13 said:

I have heard its a decent and well-performing cooler, as expected from corsair. Was mostly hoping to get some sort of benchmarks between the two, or some in general. Not to many people post how well the cooler works temperature wise.

I am actually having the same issue as you. The only thing I have found is that the H115i is actually the newer version of the H110i GTX. They are basically the same with updated software and looks apparently.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Basically same but go for the look I'm going for x61 cuz it's white fans a bit quieter  but that's it is think

Word of warning: every X61 I've owned (I had a few in the past) has had issues with pump noise.

Liquid cooling since 2002.

Don't buy the H115i, it has reliability issues.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

x61 is quieter

H115i has been refreshed (with fixes) as H110i GTX

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

On 8/4/2016 at 7:31 AM, mitchpman13 said:

Has anyone seen or heard of any benchmarks between these two? Last I knew the x61 was performing on average the best for a 280mm. Haven't heard how well the H115i is and can't seem to find any decent reviews.

In Australia, the Corsair coolers are generally cheaper than the x61, so I would recommend an H100i GTX or something of the sort

With both coolers, I planned on swapping the fans out for some noctua fans. Wasn't to concerned with the price. I mean I know every products bound to have some sort of failure rate when being manufactured. I personally prefer Corsair, but I've seen good reviews and typically better results on benchmarks when the x61 is used in the same scenarios. Just haven't seen any with the newer coolers from Corsair.

Just wanted to give a shout out for Corsair.

They replaced my two year old H105 that had a failing finish issue (cosmetic only) with another H105 that had a bit of a noisy pump. I messaged them today and within 5 minutes he authorized the replacement of the H105 with an H115i for free as I commented saying I was thinking of buying the H115i to simply replace the H105. They even covered return shipping on the second replacement...

Rock solid customer service and support.

Capturecorsair.PNG

I can't speak to the X61, but my H110i GTX (the exact same as H115i, Corsair said so) is great. Don't use the stock fans, but that doesn't matter to you either ;).

My OC i7 stays around 68.

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

9 hours ago, spaynton said:

I have to agree, I've dealt with corsair customer service twice and they resolved both issues same day.
I asked to buy a windowed side panel for one of their cases once and they sent me one at no charge, even after repeatedly offering to pay for the product or atleast shipping.

That kind of service goes a long way.

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

On 8/5/2016 at 10:15 PM, ConnorDahne said:

I have to agree, I've dealt with corsair customer service twice and they resolved both issues same day.
I asked to buy a windowed side panel for one of their cases once and they sent me one at no charge, even after repeatedly offering to pay for the product or atleast shipping.

That kind of service goes a long way.

Good to know about the side panels. I am so afraid to scratch mine, good to know they are good about replacements or even have them available separately!