Should i upgrade?

Capuccino

Hello everybody, i've bought my pc 3 years ago and i noticed that recently it is starting to not run so smoothly with some new games and i want to make the right upgrade (within my budget), my idea was to upgrade my mobo and cpu first so in the future i can get a better vga, but i don't know for sure if it is the right choice, here are my current setup:

i5 3330
gigabyte gtx 760
gigabyte B75M-D3H
cougar RX 500w
2x gskill ddr3 1600mhz 4gb

I first tought i should just get 2x8gb ram, but them i read that my cpu limits at 1600mhz (right?), and it might not be such a great idea. Since my cpu uses lga 1155 ill probably need a new mobo to get a new cpu.

I mostly use it for games, don't care about the ultra graphics really, just wanna run everything i can play. Ill not overclock, so i don't think i need a motherboard that overprice only because of that.

Im kinda new in the forum, so sorry if this is the wrong thread.

I'd grab a new GPU

your cpu is fine for most titles.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Thanks alot everybody, it got me out of spending money with nonsense.

So on the topic, ideally, i could run the last generation with no problems? Like gtx 1080 or rx 480?

54 minutes ago, Capuccino said:

So on the topic, ideally, i could run the last generation with no problems? Like gtx 1080 or rx 480?

I recommend you get an RX 480/R9 390/1060 anything more powerful would cause a CPU bottleneck in most cases.

1 hour ago, Capuccino said:

It depends. If you decided tp get a 1080, and your CPU is holding it back, how soon before you can update your motherboard/cpu and potentially ram?

If you dont plan on a cpu upgrade for a couple of years, stick with something like what Arc said above. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

4 hours ago, Arc_Jester said:

I recommend you get an RX 480/R9 390/1060 anything more powerful would cause a CPU bottleneck in most cases.

Thanks alot again, ill probably go with some of those.

3 hours ago, d3sl91 said:

It depends. If you decided tp get a 1080, and your CPU is holding it back, how soon before you can update your motherboard/cpu and potentially ram?

If you dont plan on a cpu upgrade for a couple of years, stick with something like what Arc said above. 

Ye, if i go with that kinda of vga upgrade it would probably be some months before i could upgrade my mobo/cpu.