NZXT Hue+ and Grid+ V2 worth the money?

dave909904

IMO not. You can get some cheap molex led strips for 10 bucks. You don't need a 60$ unit to make your pc flashy. Same with the Grid+, a 15$ fan controller will do the same thing.

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

2 hours ago, MrChavelo said:

IMO not. You can get some cheap molex led strips for 10 bucks. You don't need a 60$ unit to make your pc flashy. Same with the Grid+, a 15$ fan controller will do the same thing.

Hue+ is a lot better than using simple LED strips. It has a lot more features and 16 million colors that can be used in multi-colored combinations. Also, the software it comes with works really well.

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

4 hours ago, Remixt said:

Hue+ is a lot better than using simple LED strips. It has a lot more features and 16 million colors that can be used in multi-colored combinations. Also, the software it comes with works really well.

The real question is, do you really want the features the Hue+ offers? Do you really want the lights in your pc to flash when you're listening to music? Do you really want your pc to be a christmas tree? If the answer is no, you might as well just save the 50$ and spend it on things you'll enjoy more than flashing lights you'll only look at once.

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Just ordered a Grid+ V2 to go into my 900D. Gonna find out whether or not it's worth its money, but for me it is pretty much the ideal solution since I don't have enough fan-headers on my mobo and I don't want to occupy any of the 5,25" bays. 

Hail Hydra #shieldcomegetme #9minutes