CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler 
Motherboard: MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 

Storage: A-Data Premier 960GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card 
Case: DIYPC Solo-T1-R ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply 

i know that my mobo and my psu arent ideal at all. i wanted to get the most out my system. 
so i was overclocking my system and i got it rock stable at 4.3ghz @1.3375 and when i wanted to push it farther i increase the voltage to 1.35 and the multiplier to 22 to get it to 4.4ghz and the pc crashed and i had to reset the cmos. what i wanted to know was how do i take it to 4.4ghz. should i try the bus speed method where i overclock the bus speed.
please help

my mobo just crashes if i move it to 1.35v and i have to reset CMOS everytime

3 minutes ago, sameer25 said:

my mobo just crashes if i move it to 1.35v and i have to reset CMOS everytime

But it crashes just because of the voltage increase or because of the speed increase?

What I mean is: you increased both the multiplier and the vcore, and it crash. It could simply mean 1.35v is not enough for 4.4. Try keeping the multi at 21.5 but increasing the vcore to 1.35. If it works fine, then mote to 4.4 and keep make step by step increments in vcore until it is stable.

I'm not familiar with the limitations of your motherboard, though. There may be a point at which it is unable to deliver more power to all cores, which may prevent you from increasing vcore / speed any further unless you shut down some cores.

i just increace the vcore, not the multipler. when i was first overclocking i set the multiplier to 21.5 and the vcore to 1.3875 but it still crashed

1 minute ago, sameer25 said:

i just increace the vcore, not the multipler. when i was first overclocking i set the multiplier to 21.5 and the vcore to 1.3875 but it still crashed

You could be over the power capacity of your motherboard. Also, taking a look at it, it doesn't have any heatsink on the VRMs, so be careful with voltage increases as the VRMs may overheat (my layman's method to guess VRMs heating too much is to compare CPU package temps with socket temps reported by the motherboard. You can do this for the running 4.3 overclock. If you have a thermal probe you can attach to the back of the VRM circuit, or an IR gun to point at the VRM, much better).

i have the stock cooler fans on top of the vrms and they keep them under 65c

Your motherboard is low end. Overclocking is not recommended on it.

Your PSU is utter garbage, replace it with a PSU from one of the top 3 tier of the list linked below

9 minutes ago, sameer25 said:

i have the stock cooler fans on top of the vrms and they keep them under 65c

That pretty much narrows it to the power limitations of the motherboard  - it may not be able to provide 1.35v while running all 6 cores without triggering over-current protections.

Have you tried using 1.35v with fewer cores?

As the previous post states, though, your motherboard is not particularly meant for overclocking, and you should not expect stellar results with it. But the exact limit you face is an empirical question.