Middle Earth: Shadows Of Mordor, opinions?

IreMinMon

Is Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor game worth 10€? It's 75% down on Steam, thought I might check it out, but I usually don't spend this much money on games.

I kinda want to support the developer since the game works on linux, but I've heard it's a rather shitty port and that it shouldn't work well on my Nvidia GT 750M.

Anyways, opinions? Anyone has any experience with the game? Is it worth the money? Better wait, for it to get cheaper?

Wait, are you asking how it works on Linux? Or are you asking how it works on Windows?

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I bought mine on G2A almost a year ago for 10 dollars....

It isn't a bad game at all, but I don't think a 750m will come close to cutting it.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

10€?!

Thats value, man. Bought my copy in dec last year for 25€, amongst the best games ive played to date.

Like really, it would be a really... "bad" move not to get it at this price.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

Its a great game but that gpu will not cut it.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

13 hours ago, killcomic said:

Wait, are you asking how it works on Linux? Or are you asking how it works on Windows?

I'm asking both, but I'm intending to run it on Linux. Gameplay is also important to me.

12 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Its a great game but that gpu will not cut it.

I also have R9 285 on my desktop, should that do? Also I believe ultrawide support is not an issue on a title like that?

38 minutes ago, IreMinMon said:

I'm asking both, but I'm intending to run it on Linux. Gameplay is also important to me.

I also have R9 285 on my desktop, should that do? Also I believe ultrawide support is not an issue on a title like that?

It's not a terrible port on Windows. I've never tried it on Linux.

The R9 285 is just a little slower than my GTX 770, which ran the game pretty well at 1080p, 50–60 FPS, and a mix of high and ultra details. Just how much sacrifice the R9 285 needs to achieve 60 FPS depends on the resolution at which you're trying to run it. If you're trying to run it at 2560x1080, you might need more low/medium settings.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Middle-earth:_Shadow_of_Mordor

^^ The game has no ultra widescreen support natively but it can be hacked in using third-party applications as described in the link above. I'd recommend always checking this site when buying a game if you intend to play it at 21:9, as ultra widescreen support can be very, very spotty.

The gameplay is generally good. It has a really interesting "nemesis" system where enemies that kill you rise in the ranks, remember your past deeds, and become higher priority targets. There's a strategy element where you can possess Uruks and force them to work for you, and then engineer conflict to push them higher and higher up the ranks. The combat is quite fun, though my biggest complaint is that the game's RPG elements make your character very powerful too quickly, and there is no difficulty adjustment. I felt the game became a kind of non-threatening power fantasy very quickly, which isn't typically my style.

Game wise, loved it. Performance wise? you may have troubles.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi