avchd convert

You can't open it in Windows 10? Which NLE are you using?

Try Handbrake?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

davinci resovle 12

I get no sound

4 hours ago, ALwin said:

You can't open it in Windows 10? Which NLE are you using?

Try Handbrake?

Try to change the container to mp4 with avidemux it's a faster than using Handbrake and lossless.

2 hours ago, m2234323 said:

davinci resovle 12

I get no sound

Your clips' audio must be using AC3, which Resolve doesn't seem to support.

https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=40667

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I have run into this problem and I used "Satria's SmartFFmpeg" software to transcode the audio and then import it into Resolve. It should work well after that.

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

I ended up using these settings and it worked just fine with Resolve 12.

Test34_WORKS.PNG

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

6 hours ago, nickl said:

I have run into this problem and I used "Satria's SmartFFmpeg" software to transcode the audio and then import it into Resolve. It should work well after that.

It looks like you are also transcoding the video.

Yeah, I tried doing it otherwise, but it didn't seem to work. As far as I can tell it takes a bit of fiddling to work. OP might be able to use the copy stream option under the Video-Codec drop down.