Scumbag Linus

TheRuke
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

I could have done one video, but I wanted them to be more searchable in the long run.

6 months from now, there won't be anyone who remembers these cards all launched together and they'll just be looking for information on the individual cards, so I want them to be able to find it more easily.

Did anyone else notice Austin Evans uploaded a video with all three AMD GPUs while Linus uploaded a video for each videocard? I know he has to make money but seriously. After about 2 minutes of information he just talked about Mantle and said basically the same things.

Just saying, I watched them all from start to end to support Linus. I want him to succeed, but I don't know if that was the best way to present the GPUs

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

*sigh* LET THE MAN DO HIS DAMN WORK! He likes to organize and if you don't like it then just leave it.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

If you only want to know about one card, why should you have to find in it a video of 3?

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I like it that way, I can watch the video of the GPU that I was planning to buy (R9-280X) without having to skip through the other ones. (yes yes there's annotations and links to specific portion of the video, but still)

He could've fit them all in one video, but I don't really mind 

i just skipped to slick after the first two minutes, after all slicks the one who actually used the cards.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

But Linus' ones are more informative, whereas Austin's ones are more for the general consumer who really couldn't care less.

Compatible with Windows 95

I like it that way, I can watch the video of the GPU that I was planning to buy (R9-280X) without having to skip through the other ones. (yes yes there's annotations and links to specific portion of the video, but still)

He could've fit them all in one video, but I don't really mind 

The same here, and who really cares if he gets more money? Its better for him and us...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

I think one video for each card was OK, but I think he maybe should have done one video for the core features, like mantle. 

stop crying pls

I can't there's too much swag in my eyes ow

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

Did it cost you anything extra? Surely if you enjoy his work, including this forum, you WANT him to make money -.-

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

But Linus' ones are more informative, whereas Austin's ones are more for the general consumer who really couldn't care less.

Austin compared current and the new cards. His remarks about there being a 0% increase in performance of the R9-280X made me consider buying a 7970 while they are still cheap.

Did it cost you anything extra? Surely if you enjoy his work, including this forum, you WANT him to make money -.-

Maybe read the post? "I know he has to make money but seriously."

I much prefer 3 videos compared to 1. Even if the subject matter is repeated on each video I am often only interested in one product and would rather watch a video dedicated to that one product instead of 1 video for several ones.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

I guess its just a question of preference. You would like 1 video for every card but it does not mean everyone shares that thought.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

I read the post. What made you think that I didn't? The fact that I addressed your comment? :huh:

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Did anyone else notice Austin Evans uploaded a video with all three AMD GPUs while Linus uploaded a video for each videocard? I know he has to make money but seriously. After about 2 minutes of information he just talked about Mantle and said basically the same things.

Just saying, I watched them all from start to end to support Linus. I want him to succeed, but I don't know if that was the best way to present the GPUs

DON'T think that makes him a scumbag! That's a bit harsh?

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Every reviewer has their own style of doing their work. Given the audiences each one has respectively, clearly it works for them. It's about efficiency on the part of those who watch for the information rather than the effectiveness of getting the bulk of the information out at once.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

If you only want to know about one card, why should you have to find in it a video of 3?

I want the opinions of several youtubers. A lot of the time, I find things out from other youtubers who may have left a small detail out. (Sometimes these details are important to me, plus, I want to support my favorite youtubers)

I read the post. What made you think that I didn't? The fact that I addressed your comment? :huh:

You would be surprised how many people don't read a comment or watch a video in it's entirety and answer on impulse.

What a stupid topic about someones personal youtube preferences. Why can't everyone that makes content check with OP first to make sure they are following the perfect format. This forum is reaching entirely new levels of retarded these days. 

You would be surprised how many people don't read a comment or watch a video in it's entirety and answer on impulse.

Okay, but what does that have to do with anything?

There will be more video cards of this series, the 290x and 290 for example and it is easier to organize and find the video about the card you want if there are seperate videos for every one.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

What a stupid topic about someones personal youtube preferences. Why can't everyone that makes content check with OP first to make sure they are following the perfect format. This forum is reaching entirely new levels of retarded these days.

I'm sorry that I took time out of your day, but you chose to click on this topic and read it.

There will be more video cards of this series, the 290x and 290 for example and it is easier to organize and find the video about the card you want if there are seperate videos for every one.

I think The 290X DOES deserve it's own video though. It's AMD's Flagship card so it SHOULD have it's own video. That's probably why they delayed shipment to youtubers or put a restriction on when they can release their videos.

Okay, but what does that have to do with anything?

Because you implied that I didn't want him to make money even thought in my original post I mentioned that I DID.