Could I get another mouse?

MattTheMayor

I have a Logitech G300s

My house flooded about 3 months ago and luckily all my computer stuff were safe and sound. We had to live in a hotel for about two months and of course I couldnt use my PC. So I had to put it in a box in my garage while my house was being fixed up. Fast forward two months. I finally get back into my house. PC is fine after replacing the thermal paste. Everything is fine except for my mouse. A mouse ironically ate my mouse haha. It bit through half the wire and I thought it wouldn't work, but once I plugged it in my PC, it was working normally. So I put some electrical tape on the wire and used it normally.

But recently, or a week after using my mouse, it frequently disconnects and reconnects at any angle except for when the wire is straight.

Am I eligible for getting a brand new mouse through the warranty? Sadly, I don't have the receipt or the box anymore since I had to throw stuff away after my house flooded. I was just wondering if it's a legitimate reason to contact RMA haha

Without reciept you wouldnt be able to do it,also unless they advertised the G300s as waterproof you wouldnt get a penny

My life

Try RMA but it might be hard without the receipt. However if you registered the mouse on its website (if it has an option to do so) then I think they can trace the mouse's ownership to you and possibly work out an RMA.

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Without reciept you wouldnt be able to do it,also unless they advertised the G300s as waterproof you wouldnt get a penny

No water damage, it's just that a rat bit into the wire

ah sorry but still without reciept you out of luck,also they didnt say it was rat proof

My life

maybe it was one of Logitech's rivals like the madcatz R.A.T that attacked the mouse

:P 

G300s? I wouldnt even bother rma'ing 30 bucks.

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

12 minutes ago, MattTheMayor said:

No water damage, it's just that a rat bit into the wire

Just buy a cheapass RedDragon for now and save to get a nicer Logitech/Corsair/Razer mouse. I could recommend the G602 for it doesn't have a wire, so your tiny little friends couldn't interfere with your mouse.

24 minutes ago, MattTheMayor said:

I have a Logitech G300s

My house flooded about 3 months ago and luckily all my computer stuff were safe and sound. We had to live in a hotel for about two months and of course I couldnt use my PC. So I had to put it in a box in my garage while my house was being fixed up. Fast forward two months. I finally get back into my house. PC is fine after replacing the thermal paste. Everything is fine except for my mouse. A mouse ironically ate my mouse haha. It bit through half the wire and I thought it wouldn't work, but once I plugged it in my PC, it was working normally. So I put some electrical tape on the wire and used it normally.

But recently, or a week after using my mouse, it frequently disconnects and reconnects at any angle except for when the wire is straight.

Am I eligible for getting a brand new mouse through the warranty? Sadly, I don't have the receipt or the box anymore since I had to throw stuff away after my house flooded. I was just wondering if it's a legitimate reason to contact RMA haha

Did you buy it from a local store or from their website? If you got it from a local store, you can get another copy of the receipt. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student