i5 4690K vs Xeon E3-1231 V3 Plz Help Me :c

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-E3-1231-v3-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K/m11040vs2432

Which wouuld be better for gaming/video rendering?

Would either of those CPU's bottleneck a XFX RX480 8GB 1370Mhz?

And also i have a CoolerMaster Nepton 240m Water Cooler so should i opt for the overclocking or extra four threads.

And my FINAL question is what will the extra 4 threads be good for?

If you also have a z97 mobo, I guess the 4690k would be a better fit. Otherwise, stick to the Xeon.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

4 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-E3-1231-v3-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4690K/m11040vs2432

Which wouuld be better for gaming/video rendering?

Would either of those CPU's bottleneck a XFX RX480 8GB 1370Mhz?

And also i have a CoolerMaster Nepton 240m Water Cooler so should i opt for the overclocking or extra four threads.

And my FINAL question is what will the extra 4 threads be good for?

Yeah, I'd say the i5 is better, if the equivalent i7 is less than the xeon I'd say go for that. Overclocking can often make the i7's well out perform the Xeons for not that much more. The real power of Xeon is ECC and 2/4/8 sockets, and more than 8 cores. 

Yours faithfully

The Xeon is the equivalent of the i7-4790.  So basically you're comparing an i7-4790 to an i5-4690k. 

If you're not overclocking, its a slam-dunk in favour of the Xeon E3-1231v3.  If you're overclocking, then you might be able to do better with the i5, but not by much.

Personally I'd take the Xeon E3.  Remember that there's no embedded GPU in that Xeon E3 chip, so you'll always have to supply your own. 

9 minutes ago, nebula_neb3 said:

1060!!!!!!

He already has a RX 480

Xeon for better video editing and good gaming i5 for better gaming and good video editing

My life

The Xeon should be better for editing and gaming. I have one, and it freakin rocks. It performs just as well as a lot of i7s but much cheaper. The hyper-threading in the Xeon will definitely help with rendering.

Current Rig - CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 GPU: AMD RX480 8GB RAM: 16GB PNY DDR3 Storage: ADATA 120GB SSD 1TB Seagate HDD OS: Windows 10 Pro

YouTube Tech Channel - Tech House