Benefit of Asus mobo with Asus graphics card?

Nun Soup

Hey guys.

I'm about to order the parts for my PC build. I'm stuck between getting an EVGA GTX 1080 vs. the Asus Strix 1080.

I'm getting an Asus motherboard. I heard that there may be some benefits to keeping the mobo and graphics card both Asus. Something about the case fans and the graphics card fans being in sync. Anyone ever heard about this? Is this a big enough reason to go with Asus or EVGA?

Thanks for your help everyone!

I have Asus mobo and GPU, but there is no benefit.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

4 minutes ago, Nun Soup said:

Something about the case fans and the graphics card fans being in sync.

You either mean:

1. Lighting, which has nothing to do with fans.
  2. Fans being controlled based on GPU temps, which has nothing to do with the motherboard.

Honestly, get what looks the best. Personally, I think Asus nailed the Strix 1080, looks amazing (and EVGA's billboard fcked it up). But that has nothing to do with the mobo being from Asus as well.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

They don't give more performance when both paired up with each other. Its like getting an AMD CPU paired up with an AMD GPU thinking you will get more performance, but in reality you don't . 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

asus is the only one with the "Aura" RGB lighting if that is what you are talking about.  It is only on certain products though, not all of them have it and it is only a aesthetic thing

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Thanks for your help guys. Really appreciate you clearing that up for me. :)

Asus motherboards sucks, stay away from them :)

CPU: Ryzen 5950X Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14 | Graphics: GIGABYTE GAMING OC RTX 3090 |  Mobo: GIGABYTE B550 AORUS MASTER | Storage: SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 2TB PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 - 1500W | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU & LG C1

4 minutes ago, Remixt said:

*Customer support, not motherboards.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

7 minutes ago, Remixt said:

They are probably one of the most recommended and most bought motherboards on the market. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

ASUS MoBo+GPU+Monitor = ASUS Sponsor?

Lol but yeah go what you will like best, for me i might replace my EVGA GTX 950 FTW to a ASUS GTX 1060 STRIX.

OCD Reason.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB