i5 3570k OC temps ?

Hello, I've  put my CPU to 4,3 GHz at 1,2 V and I'm getting 40 C in Idle and up to 75 in load. I'm using a h80i as a cooler and ambiant is 27C. How are those temps ?

Hey There, 
You are at the very  edge  of the safe   range,  I'd try and  get it  down to at least  70C  when under load. 

-Brett

I'm sure there are a lot more knowledgeable people about overclocking who will reply, but yes I'd try that, voltage obviously directly affects CPU temperature. 

6 minutes ago, AngryFishLady said:

You think I'd could reduce the voltage but keep this frequency ?

Who knows... try it. Max that can happen is it be unstable. Doesn't get worse than that.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Yeah I know voltage correlates directly to temperature, I was just wondering if I could keep this frequency stable with lower voltage.

Just now, Imakuni said:

Who knows... try it. Max that can happen is it be unstable. Doesn't get worse than that.

Any advice for proper testing ? I'd like to not spend hours on this if I can =P

Just now, AngryFishLady said:

Any advice for proper testing ? I'd like to not spend hours on this if I can =P

Since you are just trying to tune voltages, lower it by a notch and let it stress testing overnight while you sleep. That 8h burn-in should be enough.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 hour ago, AngryFishLady said:

Yeah I know voltage correlates directly to temperature, I was just wondering if I could keep this frequency stable with lower voltage.

Only way to find out is to try :). If you can't quite keep it, you can always lower by 100MHz - shouldn't really affect performance.

CPU: i7 6700k (4.7 GHz) | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW (OC) | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S | Cooling: Corsair H110i GTX | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB WD Black | RAM: 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance LED (White) 3000MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU: Corsair RM850i | WiFi Card: TPLink Archer T9E | Case Fans: Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM (3x 120mm in), 2x Noctua NF-A14 PWM 140mm (radiator, painted black), Fractal Venturi HP-14 (1x 140mm out)  | OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit