PC shuts off when I plug in my phone

Crappy player

Recently my dad who works at a college gave me some random parts to build a PC out of and it works great for some games I play but every time I plug my phone into my PC using one of the usb ports it will turn off. I can just turn it back on but I want to know of a solution as I could be doing some homework or playing competitive CSGO with friends for my PC just to turn off when I need to charge my phone. I would use a wall charger but I have no sockets available in my room.

Specs:

CPU: Intel core i3-4170 @ 3.70Ghz

Mobo: MSI H81M-P33 mATX board

RAM: 1x8gb Corsair ram (not labelled)

SSD: samsung 850 evo 250gb (boot drive)

HDD: Old WD 500gb drive

GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti

the phone I have is a HTC one m7 using the charger that came with the phone

Did you test all the ports?

Try another cable if you have any?

Maybe the cable creates shorting which makes the pc turn off? 

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

8 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

It's a probably a PSU problem. Could you post the exact model of your PSU(power supply)? Alternatively, try a different USB cable.

Definitely PSU. Since you didn't list it, I will assume it's a dodgy low powered one that came with the case. By plugging in your phone, the power supply goes over the surge limit and does an emergency shut down.

I edit my posts a lot.

51 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Definitely PSU. Since you didn't list it, I will assume it's a dodgy low powered one that came with the case. By plugging in your phone, the power supply goes over the surge limit and does an emergency shut down.

The PSU is a Corsair VS550. I tried 3 different cables and the same thing happened but it worked fine with the usb2.0 front ports which I use 24/7. I'll just have to find a way to get another extension lead into my room. thanks everyone for the suggestions

7 hours ago, Crappy player said:

The PSU is a Corsair VS550. I tried 3 different cables and the same thing happened but it worked fine with the usb2.0 front ports which I use 24/7. I'll just have to find a way to get another extension lead into my room. thanks everyone for the suggestions

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/wWwJbj

CPU: Intel Core i3-4170 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($114.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($42.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($91.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card  ($93.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair VS 550W ATX Power Supply 
Total: $433.11

213 Watts Estimate

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.