Alright so looking for a switch for my home network. Problem is I don't know what's good and what's not. Other than cisco which is way out of my price range)

The requirements I have are as follows:

Needs

No more then $200 CAD (preferably as low a price as possible)

At least 10 GB ethernet ports

Vlan capabilities

link aggregation

ip address to port binding

Wants (If a switch can be found with the above requirements but has some or all of these as an added bonus)

port security (ie - port shutdown,mac address binding

if possible (but not at all necessary)  2-8 2/4/8GB fiber ports (spf modules)

over network setup/manageability (so I don't have to get out a serial cable every time)

over internet manageability

Suggestions are very welcome and any help or feedback would be loved

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

38 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Alright so looking for a switch for my home network. Problem is I don't know what's good and what's not. Other than cisco which is way out of my price range)

Needs

Vlan capabilities

link aggregation

Wants (If a switch can be found with the above requirements but has some or all of these as an added bonus)

over network setup/manageability (so I don't have to get out a serial cable every time)

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ProSAFE-Gigabit-Desktop-GS108-400NAS/dp/B00MPVR50A/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

15 minutes ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

Did you read the OP at all? He specifically asked for a half dozen managed features.

You linked an unmanaged switch. It can do pretty much none of the things he wants.

@8uhbbhu8 with that in mind, the Managed TP-Link version might suffice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Did you read the OP at all? He specifically asked for a half dozen managed features.

You linked an unmanaged switch. It can do pretty much none of the things he wants.

@8uhbbhu8 with that in mind, the Managed TP-Link version might suffice.

Thats what I meant I sent the wrong bookmark. sorry.

2 minutes ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

Thats what I meant I sent the wrong bookmark. sorry.

Oh no worries - easy mistake to make :)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Needs

Vlan capabilities

link aggregation

You wont find any good switch with all those features and 10Gb ports new. You will have to get something off of ebay. My best recommendation would be the lb4m. It has basically every basic managed switch feature and a whole lot more. Not to mention 2 sfp+ ports.

EDIT: If you are coming to linus tech tips asking other people for help on a switch that complicated, maybe you might want to do some research on common switch models and brands, then compare yourself, as we do not know every aspect of what you are doing.

My native language is C++

6 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

You wont find any good switch with all those features and 10Gb ports new. You will have to get something off of ebay. My best recommendation would be the lb4m. It has basically every basic managed switch feature and a whole lot more. Not to mention 2 sfp+ ports.

EDIT: If you are coming to linus tech tips asking other people for help on a switch that complicated, maybe you might want to do some research on common switch models and brands, then compare yourself, as we do not know every aspect of what you are doing.

Think he means 10 ports not 10Gb (I hope), since as you commented that is impossible for $200.

2 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Think he means 10 ports not 10Gb (I hope), since as you commented that is impossible for $200.

Well its possible, but you can't get more than 2 10Gb ports.

3 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

Well its possible, but you can't get more than 2 10Gb ports.

Also just to jump in and thread hijack slightly do the full 10Gb Quanta switches on ebay actually come with proper firmware/software with all the layer 3+ features. I've heard conflicting reports that while they support basically everything they don't come with the software to actually configure them.

I've been sort of looking on and off for a 10Gb switch, 8 ports or more, that is layer 3 or a combo of a full layer 2 10Gb switch along with a layer 3 switch with 2 10Gb ports. The LB4M and LB6M look appealing but I don't want to be stuck with lemons simply due to software limitations.

Right now I direct connect between Intel X540-T1's but that is just temporary and slightly annoying. 

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Also just to jump in and thread hijack slightly do the full 10Gb Quanta switches on ebay actually come with proper firmware/software with all the layer 3+ features. I've heard conflicting reports that while they support basically everything they don't come with the software to actually configure them.

I've been sort of looking on and off for a 10Gb switch, 8 ports or more, that is layer 3 or a combo of a full layer 2 10Gb switch along with a layer 3 switch with 2 10Gb ports. The LB4M and LB6M look appealing but I don't want to be stuck with lemons simply due to software limitations.

Right now I direct connect between Intel X540-T1's but that is just temporary and slightly annoying. 

If you want something with garunteed performance hardware and software wise, get an edgeswitch. Ubiquiti has their switch line down to a tee. If you want aomething cheap, get a quanta. The lb4m is no specific brand, it's just a general model, and that means that there are tons of different firmwares for them. If you are interested in buying an lb4m, send the seller a PM, as everybody provides different firmware.

2 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

If you want something with garunteed performance hardware and software wise, get an edgeswitch. Ubiquiti has their switch line down to a tee. If you want aomething cheap, get a quanta. The lb4m is no specific brand, it's just a general model, and that means that there are tons of different firmwares for them. If you are interested in buying an lb4m, send the seller a PM, as everybody provides different firmware.

Thanks, pretty much what I suspected. The Ubnt ES-16-XG sounds good just wish it would hurry up and come out, also been looking at used Cisco stuff but I'm just a sucker for them since that's what I'm trained in and use.

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Thanks, pretty much what I suspected. The Ubnt ES-16-XG sounds good just wish it would hurry up and come out, also been looking at used Cisco stuff but I'm just a sucker for them since that's what I'm trained in and use.

Don't hold your breath on that one - Spoke to Streakwave US late last week - they've got no clue as to when they'll get them and thus no idea when they'll hit Streakwave Au/NZ. 

17 minutes ago, Windspeed36 said:

Don't hold your breath on that one - Spoke to Streakwave US late last week - they've got no clue as to when they'll get them and thus no idea when they'll hit Streakwave Au/NZ. 

I was thinking of having them send us one for testing transfers with our 1pb san :D