Going from amd cpu to intel cpu. (also different mobos) what do I do?

So, I have an AMD Athlon x4 760k that is with my MSI a78m-e35 fm2+ motherboard currently. For my birthday, I decided to buy an Intel i5-4590 with another mATX motherboard which is the ASRock H97M Pro 4 LGA1150. I know how to uninstall the old cpu and motherboard and put in the new hardware but after that, is there anything else? I heard that if you were switching chipsets like I am, that you would have to do a clean install of windows because the os wont recognize the new chipsets and shit. But I also heard if you have Windows 10 (Which I do), then you don't have to do a single thing but put the new hardware in and get the new drivers. I am really stressing on this, that I will lose all my data or some shit. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance! :) 

Edit: Just upgraded all the hardware, started up the system and it literally booted exactly like before. I signed in all my data the same had to do some updates obviously and some verfication things for windows but nothing intense. Thanks for everyone's help!!! i lov u all <3

The only thing that might happen is that it will unactivate, if that does happen, use the "Contact Support" app in Windows 10 and they'll reactivate it with a different license key.

EDIT: Backing up important data first would be a good idea.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

Backup important data before install new hardware and get window 10 ISO installed on USB ready, you have to call Microsoft to reactive your windows after installing due to the fact you are moving to a new platform. 

Magical Pineapples

First, BACK UP IMPORTANT DATA that you need on your AMD system. Then, transfer all the hardware. I'm not sure about the clean install, but I would recommend it. And get the new drivers after this. Put all the data back onto drive after that.

Hope this helps

If you know how to install a cpu and motherboard you are most of the way but when you boot there is a chance you might need to reinstall windows since it doesn't like if someone changes there mobo.

Thats all since cpu don't require any drivers you done when you reinstalled windows (no data loss and stuff just windows )

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

9 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

The only thing that might happen is that it will unactivate, if that does happen, use the "Contact Support" app in Windows 10 and they'll reactivate it with a different license key.

EDIT: Backing up important data first would be a good idea.

I know this is a dumb question. But I've never really done it before, I do I make a Backup?

5 hours ago, Ba11istiKA said:

I know this is a dumb question. But I've never really done it before, I do I make a Backup?

Just copy important files to an external hard drive or USB thumb drive

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

9 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

If you know how to install a cpu and motherboard you are most of the way but when you boot there is a chance you might need to reinstall windows since it doesn't like if someone changes there mobo.

Thats all since cpu don't require any drivers you done when you reinstalled windows (no data loss and stuff just windows )

Essentially, how do I reinstall windows? Do I use the disk that I bought 2 years ago which is windows 8.1 or what? I'm really confused about this sorry.

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Just copy important files to an external hard drive or USB thumb drive

Ok, it's that simple thanks.

1 hour ago, Ba11istiKA said:

Essentially, how do I reinstall windows? Do I use the disk that I bought 2 years ago which is windows 8.1 or what? I'm really confused about this sorry.

What you first do is make a backup so if you have two drives you put everything on one and unplug it from your pc and put everything IMPORTANT on the second since else you will lose it.

then you download the windows media tool ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO  Not sure if this is the correct link as my pc doens't want to display the microsoft site if not search "windows 10 media tool") and put windows 10 on a usb stick which (it does automatically) has to be 4gb or larger and plug it in to your newly installed motherboard.

then when you boot you go into the boot menu by spamming delete on your keyboard and set the usb stick highest in the boot priority, then you restart your pc and install windows. 

format the driver you want to use a main drive which doesn't have anything important on it which isn't backed up and install.

when thats done you are on the main windows screen, install drivers for gpu and your programs (i recommend ninite as it installs all your programs with one installer www.ninite.com )

and your almost set.

restart your pc go into the boot menu again and set your hard drive on the top boot priority and your done.

I hope this explains it.

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

48 minutes ago, Arcanekitten said:

What you first do is make a backup so if you have two drives you put everything on one and unplug it from your pc and put everything IMPORTANT on the second since else you will lose it.

then you download the windows media tool ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO  Not sure if this is the correct link as my pc doens't want to display the microsoft site if not search "windows 10 media tool") and put windows 10 on a usb stick which (it does automatically) has to be 4gb or larger and plug it in to your newly installed motherboard.

then when you boot you go into the boot menu by spamming delete on your keyboard and set the usb stick highest in the boot priority, then you restart your pc and install windows. 

format the driver you want to use a main drive which doesn't have anything important on it which isn't backed up and install.

when thats done you are on the main windows screen, install drivers for gpu and your programs (i recommend ninite as it installs all your programs with one installer www.ninite.com )

and your almost set.

restart your pc go into the boot menu again and set your hard drive on the top boot priority and your done.

I hope this explains it.

I almost understand it all. But what do you mean by format the driver in 2nd paragraph?

2 hours ago, Ba11istiKA said:

I almost understand it all. But what do you mean by format the driver in 2nd paragraph?

In the windows setup you can format (Wipe the drive clean) so it is empty.

So when you have booted into the windows setup from the usb drive you have to format your drive there is a simple button there which does it.

Be warned unplug all drives which have important data as you might select the wrong drive and format the wrong drive (aka only have one drive in your system and if applicable put your windows on a SSD)