Ripjaws 4 - 4x8gb in z170 help

No. not necessarily. Technically if you had 8x1GB sticks all running at the same time it'd be faster than 2x4GB.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

2 minutes ago, refinedskillz said:

No. not necessarily. Technically if you had 8x1GB sticks all running at the same time it'd be faster than 2x4GB.

Are you sure. I could be confusing something but I always thought 2 Sticks would ideal. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

3 minutes ago, Build_Nerd said:

Hi guys, could use some help real quick. I have an opportunity to grab some 4x8gb ripjaw 4 for $75.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16820231795

I am building with a sabertooth mark 1 z170. Is there any reason I shouldn't run them 4x8 in a z170?

I... wonder how you can get those so cheap. By all means, get it, sell it for a higher price and buy a 2x8 3000mhz one. Or just sell half of it and OC the other half, works too. I doubt you have use for 32gb of RAM.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

I... wonder how you can get those so cheap. By all means, get it, sell it for a higher price and buy a 2x8 3000mhz one. Or just sell half of it and OC the other half, works too. I doubt you have use for 32gb of RAM.

+1

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

32 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

I found a guy that needs to get rid of them asap. Unused, ended up parting out his potential build for money for the move or something. W.e great for me lol

I am going to be doing video editing and heavy design work as well as gaming so I figured since it's less than 16gb of hyperx I was gonna get at the same speed (after tax) then it wouldn't hurt.

I thought about the reselling option too but I'd have to be able to get rid of them quick for it to matter imo. Wanting to build it next week when my final parts come in. Thanks for the responses.