Air VS AIO Water

MCCOPRA

Hello,

I am currenly using NZXT Kraken X41 with push pull config. on my 4.8Ghz@ i7 4790k got some offer from a friend wanting x41 to use it as a gpu cooler.

Thinking of leaving AIO range and moving to Big Ass Air Cooler range 

Sadly i cannot get my hands on any of the Noctua products since there are non-existent in Turkey

So my closest candidate is Deepcool Assassin II - any one using it - will it be fine or better than x41. 

any idea help please

What are your current temperatures with the X41 on it? It's hard to beat the AIO with push-pull with any air cooled unit.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

well, google says a 5º difference.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

It depends on your personal preference as the assassin has a cooling TDP of 120 and the x41 has a cooling TDP of 130, personally I would just stick to the x41 as it most likely provides better cooling unless if you head over to noctua, which is unavailable, so keep the aio until you can get something better. There wont be as much of a temperature difference between the two but according to the spec sheet, the aio will still be better than the assassin.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

If you have room in your case, you can also get a Kraken X61 and do push pull on that, should bring those temps down about 5 to 10 degrees.

Folding@Home ~75k points per day | My Simple Air-cooled Machine Maintenance Guide | Dutch Talk | Building a Wooden Popsicle Stick House

Main rig: i7-3770 stock - ASUS P8Z77-M - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - 2x Radeon HD6970 2GB - SilverStone GD05-B - Corsair RM650x

39 minutes ago, Xineas said:

If you have room in your case, you can also get a Kraken X61 and do push pull on that, should bring those temps down about 5 to 10 degrees.

using Cooler Master HAF XB EVO - Sadly can,t do push pull on gpu side cus long ass r9 390 blocking the fan install space for pull but can fit in the x61 radiator and do push pull on cpu side and push on the gpu side.

but thats like doubling the Assasins II price. if temp dif is minimal better to go with assasin II way ?

New Update Found another Huge CPU cooler with some review want to see if its decent or true.

here it is AKASA VENOM MEDUSA

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/cpu-coolers/akasa-venom-medusa-cpu-cooler-review/

They said its better than EKWB EK-Kit 240L and it looks alot cheeper too.

Waiting info thanks

15 minutes ago, MCCOPRA said:

New Update Found another Huge CPU cooler with some review want to see if its decent or true.

here it is AKASA VENOM MEDUSA

http://www.pcgameware.co.uk/reviews/cpu-coolers/akasa-venom-medusa-cpu-cooler-review/

They said its better than EKWB EK-Kit 240L and it looks alot cheeper too.

Waiting info thanks

It's been around since 2014 and doesn't seem to have ever been a blip on the radar here. The search function yields a total of six results, including this one. Doesn't necessarily mean it's crap, but if it were the equal or superior to things like the NH-D15 or R1 Ultimate, especially at that price, you can bet we would be talking about it.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.