Core 2 Quad TDP

I just purchased a Core 2 Quad thinking that the TDP was lower than the CPU I have now but, like everything else I do it was the complete opposite. My current CPU's TDP is 65w the Core 2 Quad's TDP is 95w. My question is can my stock cooler handle the higher TDP from the Core 2 Quad I want to say yes but the load temps of the current CPU is 54c and, I can only imagine what the load temp will be on the Quad.

Both CPU's on Intel's ARK comparison site: http://ark.intel.com/compare/33922,30783

Thank You

Yeah, you will just have higher temps, I hit 80º on my oced i3 540 and its fine.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

well... a new cooler for lga775 its rly cheap its like 20-30$ soo... why dont you just try and see how it goes.. if its too hot just buy a new one... I rly dont see where's your problem...

1 minute ago, Darel321 said:

well... a new cooler for lga775 its rly cheap its like 20-30$ soo... why dont you just try and see how it goes.. if its too hot just buy a new one... I rly dont see where's your problem...

Good Point!

Hi, I have a q6700 , core 2 quad, I upgraded from a intel Pentium D, use stock cooler and I see temps in the 40C - 50C range. Hope that helps!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

2 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Hi, I have a q6700 , core 2 quad, I upgraded from a intel Pentium D, use stock cooler and I see temps in the 40C - 50C range. Hope that helps!

Ok thanks!

really it's somewhat misleading because it is really less powerful than your current t CPU I bet. believe me I have a core 2 quad q6600 stock and it idles at around 30-40c.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

really it's somewhat misleading because it is really less powerful than your current t CPU I bet. believe me I have a core 2 quad q6600 stock and it idles at around 30-40c.

I suppose it also depends on your case cooling. I have 2x 60mm as exhaust, due to HTPC case.

2 hours ago, fixitnow said:

I suppose it also depends on your case cooling. I have 2x 60mm as exhaust, due to HTPC case.

I have 2 140mm fans cooling my Nvidia Quadro nvs 290 overclocked to 575mhz one is pulling air into the case the other is aimed at the passive cooler on the Quadro other 2 stock fans are also pulling air in one on the CPU the other circulating airflow.

If you care

On 30/07/2016 at 10:14 PM, kindlestone said:

I have 2 140mm fans cooling my Nvidia Quadro nvs 290 overclocked to 575mhz one is pulling air into the case the other is aimed at the passive cooler on the Quadro other 2 stock fans are also pulling air in one on the CPU the other circulating airflow.

If you care

Really really sorry about the late reply, stuff came up. Anyway yes that should keep it nice and cool, If it is too hot then I am sure you use a fan speed controller program,to make the fans run at desired RPM to help air flow. You could also set up a fan curve too, but it will take along time to get it right as I found out.