Corsair 600T too old for NEW build?

I'm trying to determine if it would be worth using my older Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Case (from around 2010-2011) for a new build (let's say a mid to upper level Intel build or eventual AM4 based build) with a single graphics card (AMD 390) and air cooling.

I have not found any articles or forum posts commenting on this, so I'm hoping someone can share their thoughts on if this case is obsolete / not ideal for a new builds and why.

Also, do you see any real reason to upgrade from the Corsair AX850 power supply to something more recent? I know I won't even need 850 watts but I'm trying to use the parts I have to keep build costs down.

Thanks!

Just now, Kantor said:

is their anything wrong with case or the power supply?

Both are great for my current setup, no issues.

I have a 600T (white) sitting on the floor next to me with my old desktop running encoding tasks. It is an ok case. 

I currently have an i7 3930K with a Deepcool 240 EX (White) cooler in it, it still looks good, and keeps the system cool very well.

A few nitpicking points on the case:

- I found the case to be extremely bulky while simultaneously limiting to what I can put in it.

- The USB 3 port doesn't use the motherboard header, but instead has a cable that plugs into the back IO of the motherboard.

- I don't use the built in fan controller as I prefer the motherboard to control the fans.

- The front filter latch was faulty from day one, and the fans in the top bay for the radiator press against and cause the top mesh panel to not sit right.

My new rig is in a Be Quiet Silent Base 800, which is both smaller, and is compatible with 280mm radiators like the H115i that I am using.

I personally prefer the Be Quiet case, although if you still like the Corsair case and find it suits your needs well, there isn't really any reason why you should change it particularly if you have a limited budget. The power supply should also be fine for quite some time.

If you decide down the road that you want different aesthetics, you can always get a new case later.

14 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I have a 600T (white) sitting on the floor next to me with my old desktop running encoding tasks. It is an ok case. 

I currently have an i7 3930K with a Deepcool 240 EX (White) cooler in it, it still looks good, and keeps the system cool very well.

A few nitpicking points on the case:

- I found the case to be extremely bulky while simultaneously limiting to what I can put in it.

- The USB 3 port doesn't use the motherboard header, but instead has a cable that plugs into the back IO of the motherboard.

- I don't use the built in fan controller as I prefer the motherboard to control the fans.

- The front filter latch was faulty from day one, and the fans in the top bay for the radiator press against and cause the top mesh panel to not sit right.

My new rig is in a Be Quiet Silent Base 800, which is both smaller, and is compatible with 280mm radiators like the H115i that I am using.

I personally prefer the Be Quiet case, although if you still like the Corsair case and find it suits your needs well, there isn't really any reason why you should change it particularly if you have a limited budget. The power supply should also be fine for quite some time.

If you decide down the road that you want different aesthetics, you can always get a new case later.

Feel the same about the fan controller and usb 3 connector and massive size.

The early 200mm fans on top and in the front went bad on mine. Ended up replacing with a couple 120mm on top and left the front for now, and it's quieter than it was.