Let's talk about a theory of mine - Air Conditioned Radiator

I have a theory for an eclectic liquid cooling solution that was kind of inspired by LinusTechTips' whole room water cooling and the Phase Change Build Linus did. 

In nutshell, liquid cool a computer with a custom (albeit larger) water loop. Put the radiator (external to the computer) over an air conditioner vent (they are about the same size - in my case anyway). In my concept, we'll still use static pressure fans to draw air from the vent through the radiator and eventually into the room but my theory is the ambient temperature should be lower right at the source and allow us to get more cooling out of the waterloop. 

The concept is also related to my experience with server rooms but to focus the air where we need it. 

I'd have to imagine this would be effective without the drawbacks of the using a phase change (condenser) unit or other weird cooling solution. 

Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, FrankV said:

I have a theory for an eclectic liquid cooling solution that was kind of inspired by LinusTechTips' whole room water cooling and the Phase Change Build Linus did. 

In nutshell, liquid cool a computer with a custom (albeit larger) water loop. Put the radiator (external to the computer) over an air conditioner vent (they are about the same size - in my case anyway). In my concept, we'll still use static pressure fans to draw air from the vent through the radiator and eventually into the room but my theory is the ambient temperature should be lower right at the source and allow us to get more cooling out of the waterloop. 

The concept is also related to my experience with server rooms but to focus the air where we need it. 

I'd have to imagine this would be effective without the drawbacks of the using a phase change (condenser) unit or other weird cooling solution. 

Thoughts? 

Wouldn't Peltier be easier, prettier, and probably cooler?

I mean to use the peltier unit instead of a radiator. that will help avoid dealing with condensation and stuff I think.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

Just now, straight_stewie said:

Wouldn't Peltier be easier, prettier, and probably cooler?

Peltier has terrible efficiency. Especially for high heat components. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

5 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Peltier has terrible efficiency. Especially for high heat components. 

It can't be nearly as inefficient as running an entire central AC unit to cool your PC.

We have to remember that air conditioning is really just phase change cooling. Instead of using it to cool something directly, we use it to cool metal fins on a radiator, which we then blow hot air across. Using an AC unit to cool your pc would be the least efficient way to do phase change cooling possible.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

10 minutes ago, FrankV said:

-SNIP-

If your AC is continuously running non-stop that would work to provide it cooler air just note that if you put fans also on the vent you will need to get extremely high RPM fans as the CFM of a central AC unit is very high and regular fans won't keep up.