My keyboard layout seems broken

NinjaJc01
Go to solution Solved by NinjaJc01,
1 minute ago, spidsepttk said:

Sometimes it bugs out, and my keyboard changes to US mode. I reboot, and it returns to the standard UK layout.

It might be that the language is no longer installed, I'm going to reboot again, since the first didn't fix it.

Changing the keyboard layout on Windows 10 doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't type a lot of the symbols on my keyboard.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Changing the keyboard layout on Windows 10 doesn't seem to do anything, and I can't type a lot of the symbols on my keyboard.

more info please i have very little to work with

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

That happens sometimes when I play Garry's Mod because it is a broken game.

Rebooting usually fixes the problem.

Just now, VictorianReaper said:

more info please i have very little to work with

I have it set to either UK or US (And it makes no difference which...). Neither seems to work properly anymore.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

That happens sometimes when I play Garry's Mod because it is a broken game.

Rebooting usually fixes the problem.

So that stops you from changing your keyboard layout?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Check your keyboard companies website and download the latest drivers. Should work.

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

I have it set to either UK or US (And it makes no difference which...). Neither seems to work properly anymore.

whats happen when you press buttons type the abc and quote me the results

Dendrotoxin

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4Ghz | GPU: Zotac AMP! 1070 @ 2GHz | RAM Crucial Balistix 2x4GB | PSU EVGA G2 750w | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 | Case Phanteks Eclipse P400s | Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Gaming Z170 | Storage: Toshiba 3TB HDD and MyDigitalSSD M.2 256GB

Perripherals

Keyboard(s) Razer Ornata Chroma, Razer Tartarus Chroma | Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum | Headphone: Audio Technica M40x | Monitor HP 22CWA

6 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Enable the screen keyboard and confirm if the keyboard is set to the right language/set of symbols that way in windows

3 minutes ago, NinjaJc01 said:

So that stops you from changing your keyboard layout?

Sometimes it bugs out, and my keyboard changes to US mode. I reboot, and it returns to the standard UK layout.

It might be that the language is no longer installed, I'm going to reboot again, since the first didn't fix it.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

Just now, NinjaJc01 said:

Try reinstalling the device drivers.

5 minutes ago, spidsepttk said:

Try reinstalling the device drivers.

It's a laptop. But it's currently updating windows 10, so it might be a while.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Secondary PC:

Spoiler