Regarding referral link rules

If pcpartpicker uses referral links shouldn't we be banned?The rule clearly says no referral links. Not like I would go out of my way to use Linus's for free with my own work/suggestions anyway so no loss to the company. If pcparkpicker is allowed because we are basically donating to their website why can't we at least use Amazon Smile? Are referrals not allowed because you are afraid we will rip people off for our gain because people give us price limits and most of would know better if we see people playing the system we can report them. Being able to use custom Amazon links would set the LTT fourms above others.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/about/ref=smi_se_abtpo_r_about_smi

Pc Part Picker is just a website that allows for showing off systems and is a database with many links on it- you buy nothing from Pcpartpicker.com. They dont even have ads to generate revenue on the website.

On 28/07/2016 at 1:35 PM, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Are referrals not allowed because you are afraid we will rip people off for our gain because people give us price limits and most of would know better if we see people playing the system we can report them.

Wut

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

That is talking about using your own referral links, though it's much easier to blanket ban them, then allow on a case-by-case basis, so if it's clearly not your link (eg. PCPP), we can leave it, but if it could be yours, we will remove it.

However, for amazon links, the referral code is stripped anyway.

HTTP/2 203